Sign in to follow this  
airbus330

Artefacts problems with ATI in FSX

Hi,

Who has like me artefacts in FSX,using Steve,dx10fixer with ATI cards?

I have tried everything.

Nothing helps.

Thanks for your replay

what kind of artifacts? What card? Driver version? CPU? Overclocking? Your FSX settings and .cfg tweaks, if any?

Hi folks,

I did, with an HD7870, in the late spring of this year... CCC software pack 14.4 for win7 x64.

All was displaying fine when starting the flight, but after a certain flight time, pikes, tears, blue or white ground textures on some ground places, vertical flat geometrical figures with ground textures appeared.

Other problem : some aircrafts designed mostly for FS9 or containing earlier design stuff do display some exotic way (you see the sky, or the airport objects, through various parts of the aircraft...

As I mostly fly the MAAM-Sim R4D/DC3, I decided to revert back to DX9, and uninstalled the DC10 SF.

Also read at these times on various posts and forums that ATI was not the most appropriate video hardware for FSX and DX10. Possibly a later driver should correct these misfits... I reported my driver problems to ATI via their concerned webpage, but no feed back so far...

Also read from various posts that ATI cards were performing pretty good under DX11 with P3D. So this might be my next option for flightsimming...

Blue skies

Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5, P3D v6, Toposim mesh, FTX Global Base and Vector, FTX OpenLC's, FTX Trees HD. Active Sky P3D5, and also X-Plane 12, SimHeaven, M2XP

Preference going to VFR and piston engines !