Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

New view

Bonjour,

Is it possible with LCC to open a new view (Top down), at specific position, with a specific size, in full screen mode.

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

First note you can only create and have control over VC, 2D cockpit, and 'Custom' External Aircraft views, this is a limitation of the sim. View modes such as Top Down and Tower are NOT controllable, their eye points cannot be adjusted or set by any software.

But yes, with the new OpusFSI Adjust and Create LCC options you can create any external view provided you already have an external view created that you can adjust. Of course with Live Camera you can create all the VC, 2D, and External Aircraft views you need. But the new LCC functions make it easy to adjust or create others.

Stephen :-)

If all you want to do is view a different view mode then of course you can use the sims Standard S and A keys but then you are manually changing the view mode or sub mode and LC has little knowledge over this. The same is true if you alter the zoom level. Such manual changes should be manually reversed. The zoom level is always reset by LC when a view mode changes between LC camera selections but not at other times due to the inefficiency of zoom controls.

Stephen

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your answer.

In fact when I approach the gate or during taxi, I often open the top down view, and re-size it... move it.

I was just wondering if this process can be automated with LC Camera. 

Best regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

Hi Claude,

Understood, I would try creating an external aircraft view and move the eye point vertically above the aircraft looking down. Then you will have full control over both the camera view and can use LCC to roam about as you see fit.

Regards

Stephen :-)

Hi Stephen,

So I took the plunge ! Great software, and a lot of things to learn.

Now I am able to create a top down view as you explained in your post. My problem is how to re-size and position this view in a screen corner. I cannot see a way to do that with LLC.

I have another question about the weather, I will open a new topic.

Regards

Claude

Claude Troncy

You must read the Live Camera manual carefully and understand the use and creation of Windowed Views within the sim.

Do not attempt to use them without understanding how they need to be created and how they are defined and loaded by the sim.

Stephen

Bonjour Stephen...

Yes, I have already read the manual, tried every option, button.... May be I was too tired yesterday evening after all this hard work :smile: , and did not understand why my windowed mode didn't work.

But this morning everything is OK.

Merci

Claude

Claude Troncy

Well done.

Windowed Views need to be specified within the aircraft.cfg files and these are only loaded into the sim when it first powers up or whenever a different aircraft type (completely different type) is loaded. This must always be taken into account when trying to create and edit Windowed Views. You may create and edit a WV but it will not display as a WV until the sim is forced to reload its CFG data for that aircraft.

Stephen :smile: