Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

Suddenly... silence!

Hello!

I have an "old" Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro soundcard which worked flawlessly for about 8 years... until yesterday!

I have my headphones connected to the external I/O module where I also control the volume...

Yesterday upon booting my PC (W7) I noticed I had no sound. I checked the volume and there was no sound coming from my headphones. I tried different file types (.mp3, .wav, etc.)

I even tried some videos on Youtube but nothing...

I have a pair of speakers connected directly to the soundcard and when I powered them I had sound again but had to raise the volume to ear anything. The sound was accompanied by I lot of "hissing" and high pitched sounds.

I connected my headphones directly to the sound card (where the speakers were connected) and confirmed the same I had listened to using the speakers. I had to raise the volume on the headphones almost to the max to ear anything and it wasn't a good experience when suddenly those high pitched sounds began!

You can listen to those "weird" sounds even when there is no other sound playing...

I know this is an old soundcard and Creative doesn't support it anymore but has this ever happened to anyone here? Is it a sign the soundcard went south? 

Any ideas? 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!