Sign in to follow this  
cephaskang

LNav and LOC problem

Hi guys,

I was flying from Zurich to Orly airport in a pmdg 777. I entered the waypoints in the MCDU, where the first waypoint from Zurich was VERBIT via VERBIT2N through the APP/DEPT page. The FMC shows the flight path, through the pink line which links the way points. However, once I activate the LNav button after takeoff, the airplane starts turning in circles but not following the flight path.

Any ideas?

Another question I have is regarding the LOC function. I was flying On an airbus x extended and was on the approach to Orly airport. However, I was taught to activate the LOC button to capture the glide slope. However, the plane starts turning and deviate from the flight path upon activation.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Anyway, do the pmdg 777 have the inflight announcement function like the airbus x extended?

Hi,

1) Regarding the plane turning in circles can you check which waypoint is displayed on top of the leg page and on the top right corner of the ND and where this waypoint is from your position when you switch to LNAV? (Also is the LNAV displayed on the FMA?) 

My guess is that the aircraft could not be able to reach the waypoint and hence turns in circle in a endless attempt to reach it. You can also try a direct to the next waypoint to check if it solves the problem.

2) I have not exactly understood if you talk about the Airbus X or the PMDG T7, here. But in any case, you won't capture the glide slope with the LOC button. You can capture the localizer, but for the glide slope you need the APP button green.

Normally, if you switch the LOC button on while you are in a intercept course to the ILS, the aircraft should keep the same course until just reaching the ILS (FMA LNAV or HDG green with a white LOC under meaning it is armed) then the aircraft should turn itself to intercept the ILS (FMA changing to LOC).

Otherwise the aircraft has no reason to deviate when pushing the LOC button.

Check what is displayed on the FMA, it will tell what the aircraft is going to do.

3) No inflight announcement in the PMDG 777.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.