Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forshaw

Runway lines flicker a lot mostly in VC mode

HI;

I have noticed that my runway lines flicker a lot mostly noticeable in VC mode. It is mostly apparent with I zoom in and out in VC and sometimes the buildings also flicker . I just bought a new rig and high grade monitor so I am using VC a lot so that's the reason I am more concerned about it.

With my new rig I did a new install of FSX so I have no scenery or Airport add on as yet. I wanted to start fresh with no add-on and then get everything right first and then slowly add add-ons.

I am using a NVIDIA GTX770 2GB Overclocked video card - Most of my settings in FSX are set to Medium to Max in most cases.

Here are my NVIDIA settings - I do not have Direct X10 checked in FSX

Anisotropic filtering =16x
Antialiasing FXAA = On
Antialiasing Mode = Enhance the application setting (off in Fsx)
Antialiasing Setting = 16x CSAA
Antialiasing Transparency = 2x (supersample)
CDUA –GPU = All
Maximum per render frames =4
Texture filtering – Anisotropic sample = on
Texture filtering – Quality = Quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization – on
Triple Buffering = on

FX Scenery Settings:

Level of detail radius=large

Mesh complexity = 75

Mesh Res = 38M

Texture Res = 1m

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

F

HI;

I have noticed that my runway lines flicker a lot mostly noticeable in VC mode. It is mostly apparent with I zoom in and out in VC and sometimes the buildings also flicker . I just bought a new rig and high grade monitor so I am using VC a lot so that's the reason I am more concerned about it.

Antialiasing Mode = Enhance the application setting (off in Fsx)

Antialiasing Setting = 16x CSAA

F what's it look like at X4, X8 Supersample?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, GTX980Ti, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

HI GB;

Thanks for your quick response I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I wasn't quite sure which items the suggested settings were referring to.

1) Antialiasing Mode = Enhance the application setting (off in Fsx)

You suggested "X4" (I don't have that option on my NVIDIA settings) I only have Enhance the app setting, override any app setting or off

2) Antialiasing Setting = 16x CSAA

You suggested "x8 Supersample" (I don't have that option on this setting only in Antialiasing Transparency which I did change by the way)

The changes didn't make difference :(

I am not using a 3rd. party setting app like eHanceser just the standard NVIDIA standard control panel so my option settings are limited.

I did select Anti Aliasing "Anisotropic" in FSX and it made a big difference not 100% but close to it, so that might be the trick. I really don't like doing that setting in the app since it may reduce FPS. Fortunately I didn't notice any probably because I am using an i7 processor 4.0 overclocked to 4.4

Thanks again. Any additional thoughts and or clarifications are appricated.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw

Forshaw, sorry, my quote was wrong.

I was referring to Transparency Sparse Grid Supersampling settings ie X4 or X8.

I think you still have to use Nvidia Inspector to activate this.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

(Anti Aliasing "Anisotropic" in FSX is the right choice).

gb.

Also are you running FSX in DX9 or DX10 mode?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, GTX980Ti, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi GB;

No need to apologize it's ok. I thought as much, I do need the Nvidia Inspector which I will download and try the settings.

In terms of DX9 or DX10 mode I am running FSX in DX9 mode. I did check the DX10 preview mode when I first loaded up FSX on my new rig to experiment but I didn't like some of the textures, so I unchecked it and no longer use it.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it. Will download the inspector.

Best Regards.

Forshaw

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now