Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

A2A C172 GNS 400

Hi,

On the A2A C172, I use the GNS 400 for my GPS. When I try to select an approach for my arrival airport 39N, only two options show up - RNAV 10 and VOR-A. I'd like to select RNAV 28 but the option isn't there at all. Is there any reason for this, or do I have to reinstall?

Thank you :)

And now that I have reinstalled it, I have lost a cockpit view...? The GPS is still the same.

The FSX database is from about 2007.

If you install a Reality XP GNS430, you will get a complete Garmin database.

Also, if you know a pilot friend, you can get an update to a recently expired 2014 database for an RXP GNS.

That will give you all the approaches that are currently available.

Edit: just checked - RNAV 10 and 28 are both available for Princeton.

Bert

The FSX database is from about 2007.

If you install a Reality XP GNS430, you will get a complete Garmin database.

Also, if you know a pilot friend, you can get an update to a recently expired 2014 database.

That will give you all the approaches that are currently available.

Thank you for that information. Where is the update for the expired 2014 database?

Also, do you know why after the re-installation that one of my views in the VC disappeared?

Hello,

Make sure you update your Accu-sim C172 Trainer also. You can grab the latest updater here;

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41279

cheers,

Lewis

Hello,

I installed the update and still, the switch panel on the bottom view for the VC is not there - I've seen it on videos, and the data on the GPS is missing somewhat.

Thanks

I just did another reinstall, and the light switches view but now the close up of instrument view is gone?

Hello,

the view you may have seen on videos could be a custom view, you can cycle via the A key when in the VC. The GPS is the default GPS so if itsnot a feature of the default GPS its not going to be in the aircraft. You can use the RXP or Mindstar units for the more real simulation. RXP fits right in for the most part whilst Mindstar will require some tinkering. Details of which can be found on our forums.

thanks

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Hello,

the view you may have seen on videos could be a custom view, you can cycle via the A key when in the VC. The GPS is the default GPS so if itsnot a feature of the default GPS its not going to be in the aircraft. You can use the RXP or Mindstar units for the more real simulation. RXP fits right in for the most part whilst Mindstar will require some tinkering. Details of which can be found on our forums.

thanks

Lewis

Hi, thank you for the info. I just got the light switches view back, and now the Instrument close up is gone - they are not custom views. I understand that the GPS is going to stay like that unless I purchase RXP, but I'm still wondering what's wrong with the views.

Is there a procedure so I can delete all of the A2A C172 files on the computer, and then reinstall it and the update?

Ok, now the pitot tube cover is completely gone. After each reinstall, something disappears. What's going on here?

Hey Bert,

Can you provide more details on how to get the expired 2014 GPS database for RXP GNS?

Thanks,

Ray

Hello,

can you confirm you are now up and running. I believe you posted on our forums and we got you sorted but not 100%.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Hello,

can you confirm you are now up and running. I believe you posted on our forums and we got you sorted but not 100%.

thanks,

Lewis

Hey there,

I am now perfectly fine with the amazing C172. I love it - phenomenal work by your team.

Thank you! :)