Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Update to v2.4, SimConnect question....

I have just tried running the patch to update to v2,4, using Rob's procedure pinned in this forum.

One thing that I have noted, as I start moving backed up files after the patch had run, is that I appears to have no SimConnect files in the location that Rob had mentioned to move them from/to:

Quoting his instructions:

"[YourBackup]\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files ... copy file SimConnect.cfg to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

[YourBackup]\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files ... copy file SimConnect.ini to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

[YourBackup]\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 ... copy file SimConnect.XML to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2"

In the folders that I backed up, I have none of these files in the locations that Rob mentions,  and I can't find the files in any other locations either....

I have only so far tried starting to the default flight,  which appears to work OK, I still need to add my old P3D.cfg back, or at least do a compare and edit the entries in that I have in my backed up file.  I am getting both an error regarding Addon Manager that I expected,  and the error "FSX Process not found, FSX_handle:0" in a "Ezdok camera add-on" window-  although I have noted that ExDoc/EZCA seems to run....

Is it possible that I don;t have any add ons requiring SimConnect, so it never installed?  Or could it be somewhere else other than the above locations?  And what won;t work if I don't have SimConnect working?

Thanks for any ideas/solutions.

Bruce.

The SimConnect files exists only if an add-on needs them.  Can't help you with EzDok as I don't use it, sorry.  But others might chime in.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob... I was wondering if that might be the case... Thanks for all you do for us simmers.....

Bruce.

Hey RipCord (awesome handle :) )

Thanks- the post you linked to is very informative- I checked Add/Remove Programs (or wjatever Win 8.1 calls it) in CP and found 1 entry for FSX and one for "ESP", so I assume all is OK....

I do have A2A stuff, including AccuSim and the C172 and PA-28, so will check all that.....

Thanks again.... "drinking locally" right now in advance of dinner, with copilot (wife).... :)

Bruce.