Sign in to follow this  
Den19

Device cannot be identified- error message

Just installed LINDA V2.0.7 but every time I try to run it I get the above error, and then no joysticks are visible in the joystick window.

I have tried removing and re-installing the drivers for all my devices using usbdeview as read on another thread here with no effect.. 

They are all visible as HID devices in Device Manager, and to FSUIPC, but not to LINDA.

System use Win 7-64bit, LINDA set to run as admin.

Any suggestions please?.

Hi Den

Make sure you have downloaded the latest version posted as 2.0.8. There was a critical file missing from 2.0.7 (no longer available). If that doesn't work go to the LINDA settings page, open Console and click on Reload LUA Engine. Cut and paste to a post from the last ***** START ***** line to about 10 lines of any repeating errors.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for your reply.  The D/L link in the forum results in 2.0.7 again, and a Google search has failed to produce anything for 2.0.8.  Could you please supply a link to the file for me?

Den

Hi Den

The 2.0.8 link at http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444542-linda-20-released/page-2  is the latest version but I did not update the change log. It includes a missing Aerosoft Airbus actions.lua file and renames the folders for the new Aerosoft Airbus A318/319.  Also download the latest documentation.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Have D/l latest, checked it had the files you mentioned, and followed instructions.  However I still get the error massage at start-up and no devices are listed under joysticks.

I tried to cut and paste from the console window but I cannot do it so I will show the, what I hope, are relevant entries below.

Two lines in red text referring to MCp- understandable since I don't have one!

"Error MCP configs not found for current aircraft "(Which was A2A C172)

"Error could not open MCP Combo port"

Next line says "Loading a fallback joystick config"

"Module A2A Cessna 172R started"

"Ready to go Captain"

I hope I've given you what is needed, if not let me know and I will post anything else you need.

Den

Hi Den

Sorry that you are still having problems but thank you for the info.  A couple more questions to help pinpoint your problem.

1. Are you using any VRInsight Combo and what version (original, Boeing MCP2 or Airbus MCP2a)?
  2. Check that there are 2 files (actions.lua and ident.lua) in the folder /FSX/modules/linda/aircrafts/A2A Cessna 172R.
  3. If they are use the LINDA editor to open the actions.lua and check that is identified as version 1.0.1.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

No, not using VRInsight at all.  Using CH yoke, 2xSaitek TQ, Saitek rudder pedals,and BU 0836 board.

Actions.lua is present, and is v1.0.1.

Ident.lua is also present

Den

Something else which I had forgotten to mention, may be significant or not.

When I unzipped the files I got a message saying " a problem is preventing this folder being encrypted. Do you want to copy this folder with out encryption" If I say No all I get is empty folders, so I said Yes.

Hi Den

I am sorry. I should have properly read your previous post. With no Combo panel I would expect you to get the 2 MCP error lines (obvious really). The next line suggests that you have never had any joysticks working. I have use the CH Yoke, Saitek TQ and CH Pedals without difficulty. Try disconnecting the BU0836 board to see if this is preventing the connection. My only other comment is to ensure that you have the full and latest version of FSUIPC (v9.436?) installed.

I don't why you are getting an encryption error as there is no encryption applied to the zip. It was compressed on a Mac and uploaded to Dropbox. What software are you using to unpack it?

As you are using no Combo panels I would suggest you remove LINDA v2.0.8 (written explicitly for the Airbus FCU) and install 1.13. You need to delete the 2 folders /Linda and /Linda-cfg in the FSX/modules folder. Backup up both folders first. You may need to re-installed the A2A module.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

FSUIPC is the latest version installed recently for the update for P3D.  I use the inbuilt unzipper in Win7 to unpack the files.

Unplugging any of the HIDs has no effect whatsoever- Windows and Device Manager see the changes but LINDA does not even recognise that there are any HIDs plugged in at all.  It does not see anything when I plug in any USB joystick.

Whatever this problem is, it is particular to my simpit main pc.  I have run Linda on both my lappie and the slave pc in my simpit and in both cases it see any joysticks plugged.  The same joysticks are not seen by the Linda on the main pc.

All 3 computers run Win7-64 bit, all are fully up to date with Windows Updates.

I am completely baffled by this behaviour, since all pcs run the same OS.

Is it possible that some other component that Linda uses is somehow missing from the main pc, but then it would have to be something nothing else uses I suppose.

Is it possible to run Linda on a remote pc and to connect to FS using Wideclient?

The only other thing I can think of is to copy all the various Lua scripts and set them up separately in FSUIPC- except I have on idea how to do that or whether your licence for Linda would allow it anyway.  I could then program various switched to call the individual Lua plug-ins.

Any other suggestions you can make will be gratefully received.

Den

Hi Den

Thank you for your detailed post. I am not an expert in the HID side of LINDA and no changes were made in the development of v2.0. LINDA can only run on the same PC as FSX located in Modules folder. Have you tried removing v2.0 and installing v1.13. Apart from that suggestion there not much more advice I can offer. It is possible that the original developers can help.

The software is copyrighted but licenced for private, non-commercial use. That is the beauty of this project as we have (usually) an excellent tool that users can adapt to their own purposes and share their results with others.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi, it doesn't make any difference whether it v1 or v2- neither work in the simpit pc and both work on all other pcs.

Talk about b****y frustrating!!

Version 2.0 did not work for me.  Tried ver 2.0 on two different computers with win 7 64 bit.

This is what I did to get the PMDG NGX, and other aircrafts working again.

Deleted all LINDA folders in the Modules.

Downloaded again and installed ver 1.13.  Full Installation.

Now, I'm in the process of re-installing all keys in the Saitek Yoke System plus a second Quad Throttle.

I do not have any AIRBUS aircrafts.

regards,

Bill Taylor

Popi

As the person responsible for v2.0 (aimed at providing GUI compatibility for the Airbus FCU) can I ask if you posted any reports of your problems with that version? It was only recently that I identified that a key file was missing and issued v2.0.8. I now have the MCP2 Boeing panel and am currently testing v2.1.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scot

No, I did not post any other reports for v2.0.  I was reading the forum, about some of the problem, related to .......

......did not ID the PMFG aircrafts.

That was my only post regarding any problems on any versions of LINDA.

Popi