Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

Two different sceneries into one?

Recently I downloaded a scenery for the Prague Vaclav airport (LKPR) in the Czeck Republic from the FS2004 Freeware Scenery website. The file was under: "Prague, Vaclav Havel LKPR 2012" and it can be downloaded from www.avsimrus.com After installing the scenery I noticed that two sceneries show up. For example: two jetways instead of one, each with different designs. Two control towers, two terminals,etc. There was only one AFCAD, but, I saw several parking spots under some buildings that do not appear in the AFCAD. I would like to know if there is a way to delete the second scenery. I am not familiar with ADE 9 tool. When I looked into the texture folder of the LKPR scenery, I noticed two types of files I did not recognize. They were "R8 file and PAT files". I have always seen the "bitmap Image" files.

I saw a nice video for the LKPR airport on YouTube with a lot of traffic serving that airport. After checking with Wikipedia I was able to duplicate all AI Traffic flying into Vaclav, including its correct parking spots, including the support items such as ramps, trucks, etc with the aid of EZ Scenery. Although everything looks as real as the actual airport traffic is, I am not happy looking at the duplicated jetways. Unless someone here knows of a better freeware scenery, I would appreciate your input. Thanks. :rolleyes:

I noticed two types of files I did not recognize. They were "R8 file and PAT files"

Those two file types are okay, they are from older versions of the Flight Simulator but still work fine.

I tracked down the scenery file and looked it over. I also did a little reading in the comments regarding the scenery. From what little I could get out of it! It seems there may be, as you surmised, two version merged into one. One is a FS 2002 version ( that would explain the .R8 and PAT textures ) and what the author thought was an update for FS9. Not very well planned or thought out to say the least! The only thing I can suggest would be ( if you are lucky ) the old FS 2002 files might have an older date listed in the scenery BGL files properties.

If my thought is valid then you would have to check the properties of each one and remove the old ones to a temporary folder until you have managed to remove the duplicated stuff. If the files have the same creation date then I don't know except to take a best guess and remove the scenery files one at at time in order to see what displays what to find the offending files.

If you have Airport Design Editor you could open LKPR and start importing the bgl files. ADE won't 'know' the model as such so it will place a black square marker where the file would be placed. You can use that as a guide to what is overlapped, duplicate or places an object somewhere it shouldn't be - like buildings on parking spots. Just don't save or compile with ADE and you won't do any harm. Well, . . . you could save it. Just don't compile it!

Hope this help and sorry you took so long to get a response from anyone.

Regards,

Hi Mel,

I appreciate very looking into the scenery in question. Finding out that it could possibly be a scenery made for FS2002 is a great start. What I will do, as you suggest, is to take a look at the dates the files were created. I will separate them on another file and check them every time I display the scenery. If the "unwanted" ones go away, I think I may be able to have found the solution.

Thanks again :lol:

I will separate them on another file and check them every time I display the scenery.

Just create a folder right inside the scenery, name it something fancy like 'Hide' :lol: then you can drag the unwanted files there. They will not show up or be used by FS9 unless you move them back to the scenery folder itself. Best of all you will know where they are in case you ever make the mistake of getting Flight Simulator 2002. Good luck sorting this out.

And, . . . you are most welcome. I am pleased that I could be of some help.

Regards,

Hi Mel,

It worked! My only problem is that the default scenery showed up. I made this video to show you what I found. At the beginning of the video you can see a screenshot of the duplicate scenery, and the rest is the AI traffic moving within and behind the default scenery. Initially I used AFCADv2 to adjust the AI traffic moving on the taxiways as they seem to be moving within the default scenery. However, the default scenery never showed up until now. Perhaps you may be be able to give me an idea how to "exclude" the default scenery. (looks like I may need an exclude line) which I don't know how to do.

http://youtu.be/XLWnhZccMaY :blink:

Hi Mel,

After I uploaded my video to YouTube as shown above, I got a great response that resolved my scenery problem completely.I  tried to copy the link, but for some reason it won't allow me to copy, so you'll have to watch the video and read the comment by Mazhar Yuksel. :rolleyes: