Sign in to follow this  
Martin Connor

PMDG 747-400 Load Data

Can anyone shed any light on where PMDG store the Load data from the Load Manager?  I would like to be able to load the values from another application, and can't find any clues as to where it is stored.

Thanks

Martin

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.

Martin, you won't find it. As spelled out in their documentation you cannot use 3d party programs to modify fuel or payload. They do things outside the box to work around significant FSX limitations in weight/balance calculations.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is it not in FSX\SimObjects\PMDG747-400\Aircraft.cfg, under [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]?

Dugald Walker

I looked at that Dugald, but the time stamp doesn't change, and the settings indicate that a significant amount of weight is placed in economy, and none in the other classes.  Dan, I appreciate what you're saying, though I was under the impression that the fuel distribution is handled internally in order to make that right, but not so sure about the payload.  TOPCAT appears to be able to do the payload, so I thought someone might know.

When you start to research this stuff, so many odd things come out of the woodpile.  Small differences in Operational Empty Weight, aircraft.cfg files that don't even agree with other data within the same file.

I assumed that the station.load would include the mass of the aircraft + the mass of the passengers and cargo, so to see a row of zeroes has thrown me.  I suppose that despite the complexity that has been modelled, a considerable amount has not, so it isn't possible to change aircraft according to individual airline configurations.  As usual, I'm trying to dig too deep.

Thanks for your input Dan and Dugald.

Martin Connor (Cert Ed)

Early retiree from UK Further & Higher Education College

Specialized in Computer Networking and early adoption of new technologies.

Interests:3D Design, Scenery Creation for FSX, Photography. Programming.