Sign in to follow this  
outlaw2001it

Changing ATC Distance in FS2002 PRO

Greetings, I have a question, and I have checked on the forums, but did not find anything. Is there anyway to contact the tower for landing clearance prior to 5 miles out. Here's the situation: flying into an airport in my KA350, and was instructed by ATC to contact tower for landing clearance. Tried to acknowledge handoff, but couldn't get to do it because ATC was instructing other planes to report aircraft insight, navigating...etc. Tried to just switch comm frequency to the tower, but was unable to do anything once I did. So now I'm coming in for a landing still can't acknowledge handoff, and I'm roughly 1 mile out (in this time I'm pressing "1" on the keyboard constantly to try to acknowledge handoff, and trying to keep aircraft on the centerline for landing). I finally acknowledge the handoff, and contact the tower for landing clearance. Sometimes (usually) when I'm cleared to land, I've either already landed, and turned off the runway, or I've overshot it, and do a go around. I have traffic set at 80 percent, and have tried it at 70 percent with no really big difference. However I don't want to give up the traffic, because that's one of the reasons I like the sim. Don't care if it's not realistic or not to change the distance to contact tower for landing clearance, I just want to be cleared to land prior to landing. Thanks J.R. Duda

Guest Jetfan

J.R.,I also use FS2002, and no, there's no way to change that distance. I think it's actually linked to the 'outer marker'. Once you have cleared the outer marker, then ATC will give you clearance to land. Once I get clearance, I usually just hold the '1' button down (if possible) until it takes it.Cheers,Bob

Guest RonB49

Hi J.R.Have you downloaded and installed editvoicepack? With that, you can "speed up" the contrrollers instructions. It really makes a difference in the amount of traffic they can handle. It is also a little more realistic. It's in the AVSIM library and it's free. R-

Guest RonB49

>Avsim.com and Flightsim.com don't have the program in their file libraries ;)Oops, sorry. I didn't remeber that. R-

No Problem, I found the program, and downloaded it. At the same time I found another program (Radar Contact V3). I will try to get more information on it from another forum. Thanks again for all the help J.R.