Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Something to check out....

Well, I don't know how it happened, (most likely I did it...lol), but my monitor's native res is 1920x1200.

After downloading XPX.31, I fired up the sim, and had very bad stutter, extended stop-animation chunk, etc.

I thought just to see what was set up on the option screen, and saw that my res setting was 1920x1080x32   WTH?

So...I set it back to my native, and viola!   My FPS banging at my set 30 FPS limit, and smooth animation.  Before doing this, I had been getting a 25-27 max FPS reading with the above mentioned very poor running of the sim.  Anyway...check out to make sure you are flying with your native res...and if not...change it to that mode.  You might be surprised what happens for the good....

Ses

I have not experienced a problem like yours in xp, but I have had issues in general with my monitor resolution. My monitor is 1920x1200 also, but I have to manually set my desktop to 1826 pixels in order for the menu task bar and the bottom to fit properly. This is also true with my desktop icons. If I do not change it, everything is too wide for the screen. I never could figure out why this happens when I set my resolution to native. I also set this in p3d as the resolution I set on my desktop shows up for p3d. Weird.

Bob

I have not experienced a problem like yours in xp, but I have had issues in general with my monitor resolution. My monitor is 1920x1200 also, but I have to manually set my desktop to 1826 pixels in order for the menu task bar and the bottom to fit properly. This is also true with my desktop icons. If I do not change it, everything is too wide for the screen. I never could figure out why this happens when I set my resolution to native. I also set this in p3d as the resolution I set on my desktop shows up for p3d. Weird.

Bob

Yeah Bob, that is weird.  I wonder if the issue is with the hardware/software driving your actual monitor.  I mean...if it is 1920x1200 native, you'd have to think that the nVidia driver at that setting would make everything fit as you expected. It does on my Samsung, and has from the day it was connected.  Yes...weird.

About my XPX set to off-native...was probably myself selecting that 1920x1080 without realizing it.  What a difference it made, in going back to native. Night and day...and only that one change....

Post Edit: I am on a paused flight...and can't believe how just going back to my native res, has cleared up some very serious performance issues. I can go as low as 12 FPS, and STILL have smooth animation, and no stutter or chunk It has simply vanished!  My astonishment has not vanished...only the stutter/chunk.   Jeez......and now back to the flight.

Mitch