Sign in to follow this  
Flyfox

Pitch Stability

With each flight I get to know Carenado's PC-12 a bit better. I noticed that this aircraft is somewhat nervous around the pitch axis. Small stick movements e.g. during final approach lead to significant pitch corrections. If you look at the PC-12 from outside (and compare it to the numerous youtube videos) you will notice this behaviour even more clearly. It rather suits a small piston engine single than this large turboprop. Consequently, I experimented with somewhat different pitch stabilty factors in the aircraft.cfg. My final setting leads to a much more natural pitch behaviour for this aircraft:

pitch_stability = 1.3 (rather than 1.0)

You may give it a try and enjoy the PC-12 even more!

Felix

I tried the pitch_stability  = 1.3 mod this morning.  I really like the feel of a heavier nose on a large single that needs pitch trim for managing airspeeds, particularly in the landing phase.  This mod also seems to dampen oscillations that are difficult to prevent with the lighter pitch axis control forces on a 50' long aircraft.  Thanks much for sharing.  Tim Garris, FS MaNiA