Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

belongedtoair

How much realistic the flight dynamics are ?

According to X-Plane, how much realistic the flight dynamics?

With a default 747 I can do a half barrel roll :blink: Just wondering how much realistic it is. Is it possible to happen in real?

I guess no one ever tried that IRL.

OTOH, the default 744 isn't certainly the best representative of a 744 and of the possibilities of the X-Plane flight dynamics model...

Make sure you enable the various "Damage" options under "Settings" / "Operations and Warnings".

Since a B707 did once perform a barrel roll I guess a 744 could to...

Give me a moment, I'll try it in the best 744 sim available and will be right back ;-)

EDIT:

Tried in Aerowinx PSX and it did barrel roll, so, I guess the real thing would too :-)  Then I tried the same in XP10, and got a bit faster roll rate ( it was more slugish in Aerowinx ) with more or less the same GW, but, as I wrote before, the 744 in XP10 is a default aircraft, certainly not the most accurate rendition of a 744 possible in this sim :-)

As a final  note, I do find X-Plane's flight model very powerful and capable, and provided you know how to play with it through plane-maker and scripting, and have access to good RW data, I believe you can design very plausible approaches to real aircraft performance...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Uninstalling flightsims is a temptation I can never resist...

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now