Sign in to follow this  
belongedtoair

How much realistic the flight dynamics are ?

According to X-Plane, how much realistic the flight dynamics?

With a default 747 I can do a half barrel roll :blink: Just wondering how much realistic it is. Is it possible to happen in real?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I guess no one ever tried that IRL.

OTOH, the default 744 isn't certainly the best representative of a 744 and of the possibilities of the X-Plane flight dynamics model...

Make sure you enable the various "Damage" options under "Settings" / "Operations and Warnings".

Since a B707 did once perform a barrel roll I guess a 744 could to...

Give me a moment, I'll try it in the best 744 sim available and will be right back ;-)

EDIT:

Tried in Aerowinx PSX and it did barrel roll, so, I guess the real thing would too :-)  Then I tried the same in XP10, and got a bit faster roll rate ( it was more slugish in Aerowinx ) with more or less the same GW, but, as I wrote before, the 744 in XP10 is a default aircraft, certainly not the most accurate rendition of a 744 possible in this sim :-)

As a final  note, I do find X-Plane's flight model very powerful and capable, and provided you know how to play with it through plane-maker and scripting, and have access to good RW data, I believe you can design very plausible approaches to real aircraft performance...