Sign in to follow this  
thetford569

Flight Plan not loading in P3D 2.4

I am using Prepar3D 2.4 and everything in SimLauncherX is working fine except flight plan loading.  No matter what I do the flight plan doesn't load into P3D.  I drag the plan onto the flight in SLX and the checkmark appears next to the "requested flight plan".  When I go to contact clearance in P3D the flight plan is not loaded so there is not an option to start my IFR flight.  Instead I have to manually load the fligh plan using the menu in P3D.  Any reason why this isn't working for me?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Did you actually load the flight in Prepar3D (click on the green Fly Now triangle) after you added the flight plan to the flight? You can also send the flight plan directly to the simulator: select the flight plan and then click on the 'Load in simulator' button on the ribbon.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten,

I did load the flight in P3D clicking on the green Fly Now triangle and the flight plan was added to the flight. (There is a check mark next to flight plan requested).  The option to send the flight plan directly to the simulator is there however it is greyed out and I cannot click on that button.  I still have to manually load the flight plan once I am in P3D to get the flight plan loaded.  Everything else in the program is working for me except this.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

If the 'Load in simulator' button is disabled, SLX is not connected to P3D: the 'traffic light' in the top right corner of the main window is either red or orange. Go to the Home tab and cycle the 'Auto connect' button or disable the 'Auto connect' button and connect manually. To activate the flight plan within P3D, you have to contact ATC and ask for clearance. Furthermore, not all GPS-units load the P3D flight plan automatically, in some of them you have to load the flight plan explicitly using the controls of the GPS unit.

Are you running the latest version of SLX? One of the previous versions did not save the flight plans correctly. Please use the button on the Home tab to check for an update.

thanks, Maarten

I believe maybe I have pinned down what is happening.  I have ALOT of AI Aircraft so the startup time for me to load Prepar3D is much longer than a normal user.  I am getting a message sometimes from SLX that Prepar3D did not start within 5 minutes and even though it is loading the flight correctly it appears SLX is not actually "connecting" with P3D once it loads which is resulting in the flight plan not getting loaded.  So....I will either have to manually load the flight plan in the sim or switch back to SLX and click the fly now green triangle again to re-connect and then it will work.  Either way it's adding a step so one of those methods will work.  I was just hoping for an automatic load of the flight plan once P3D was up and running and I wouldn't have to touch any menus or go back to SLX.  Thanks for your quick responses and help!

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

The long startup time of Prepar3D should not make any difference: if you add a flight plan to a flight, the flight plan is included in the flight file and should be loaded by Prepard as 'requested flight plan'. You say that the flight is loaded correctly, so this means the flight plan should also be loaded. Pressing the green triangle does not connect SLX to P3D: it the 'traffic light' in the top right corner of the main window is not green, the green triangle will start P3D again with the selected flight as a command line parameter, but since P3D is already running it will just load the flight again. To connect SLX to P3D, you have to use the buttons on the Home tab in the SimConnect group. SLX is only connected to P3D (via SimConnect) if the 'traffic light' in the top right corner of the main windows has turned green. If the traffic light is not green, a lot of things will not work.

thanks, Maarten