Sign in to follow this  
kishshey

FSX F35B Hover problem

Guys I have the F35B for FSX and prior to spawning in to the game I set the Payload to 0 except the pilot(200).

However when i join the game and dump fuel even until the weight dumps as low as 36000. when I press the STOVL button my aircraft's hover fan doors opens, however the Hover button is Red, and i noticed the nozzles are still pointing back and not down. Any idea what it could be? :unsure:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After you click the Hook/STOVL button (at any weight):

If the fan doors open but the nozzle still points straight back instead of a 60-degree downangle, you most probably aren't using FSX-Accelleration or P3D.

Which is a requirement.

Rob

After you click the Hook/STOVL button (at any weight):

If the fan doors open but the nozzle still points straight back instead of a 60-degree downangle, you most probably aren't using FSX-Accelleration or P3D.

Which is a requirement.

Rob

Hello rob,

Thanks for your reply. But I am using acceleration pack and it sometimes worked, but unfortunately I don't know under which conditions. If I remember right it once worked when I started the flight in Cold/Dark state.

Hello rob,

Thanks for your reply. But I am using acceleration pack and it sometimes worked, but unfortunately I don't know under which conditions. If I remember right it once worked when I started the flight in Cold/Dark state.

That's very strange.

Since I coded all of the STOVL, I'm very curious to know what might cause this.

I never heard of such a problem before, other then the obvious (like missing C++ library, no FSX-Accelleration, etc).

Let's focus on the basics first.

Which version of Dino's F35 package are you using ??

Try this:

- Load a basic flight, with eg. the default 737 or 747.

- Make sure it works OK (like engines running, etc).

- Via the aircraft menu, load the F35B; don't change anything.

- In the VC, click the Tailhook/STOVL button.

- The fandoors should open, and the nozzle should rotate to 60 degrees down. (check in Spotplane view)

Does this work or not ??

Rob

Try this: