Sign in to follow this  
hadoken

DX10 and Triple Monitors

A lot of people fly FS with 3 monitors. A common known issue with widescreen monitors are the side distortion effect on the left and right monitors. While searching the AVSIM forums, it appears that a solution to this problem is in development for Prepar3D called Prepp3D. I'm not sure how it works but I think it involves some work with shaders. I think the DX10 Fixer does something with shaders as well. However I was wondering if anyone know if a possible solution to this distortion problem can be implemented using the DX10 Fixer?

I did find one video on YouTube of someone flying 3 widescreen monitors and he had no side distortion. The user in the video says that he only changes zoom to 1.00 to fix the problem, but as many of you already know, that does not completely remove the distortion effect. I have posted a link to the video below. If anyone knows how he was able to remove the side distortion in his video, a suggestion on this thread would be welcomed.

Source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_3rhSkvrqg