Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComSimPilot

Current recommended .cfg - NI settings ?

Hi all,

I know this topic sounds a lot re-discussed but I feel that because new hardware comes up, these settings need to be updated every 5-6 months.

I am running :

Simulator: FSX DX10, using Steve DX10 fixer and using the 'How-to.doc'

Processor: i5 3570k overclocked at 4.5Ghz (watercooled on a H100i) 

RAM: 8GB of 1600Mhz Ram

GPU: Gigabyte GTX970G1

I should also note that I run Ezdok camera with TrackIR

Till time of purchase of the GPU (a month ago) I haven't stopped searching for 'my' best settings in order to have the smoothest gameplay. I am particularly interested in the so called 'butter' smooth flying in order to get the 'feeling' of flying and taxing without the awful stutters during take-off, landing and taxi. I run complicated add-ons like the PMDG on payware scenery.

My testbed now is the new FlyTampas Copenhagen using 2048 textures or the new Heathrow from Simwings. 

So my question is if anyone has nailed down the best settings using this type of hardware. I have tried all possible combinations but it seems I can't get the sim to run smooth. If the solution is to run with no autogen having spent all that money in hardware I could do the same using a laptop I suppose. It is really frustrating...after a week in work you get a weekend to fly and finally the only thing you come up doing is launching 'test' flights to test various settings in order to get rid of the stutters...

I have seen settings of BP=0 and FF=0.11, to settings of BP=10000 and FF=0.60, to settings of no BP at all...all seem to give me similar results. I currently use no BP and FF=0.11, using Antialiasing of 2x at Steve Fixer and 2x sparce grid multisampling in NI, and DSR 4x. But the stutters are still there..

Any help would be really appreciated and would be pleased for hearing any suggestion.

Best regards and happy flying to all !

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now