Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

OpusFSI install issue.

Ok I've installed but nothing showing in FSX. I have 2 folders in C:/ opus fsi at 45Mb and opus software at 27.6Mb. Is this correct? Please help..

Nothing in all programs and no desktop shortcut either.

Keith Sandford.

You must set your system up now in accordance with our Getting Started Guide for Single PCs. The guide will explain how you create your desktop shortcut(s) and also how you must prepare your system for OpusFSI to be able to function, access the simulator's files etc.. Of course, you must open the FSISERVER program's Configure dialog and configure the program and tell it what you want. You should also read the Recommended Practices for the Live Weather Engine (LWE).

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_getting_started.htm

Stephen :-)

My addons only contain FSUIPC free version.

Keith Sandford.

This is driving me insane. I have FSX installed on C/:FSX I have given permission for all users and sharing but I still receive the UNABLE TO ACCESS THE INSTALLATION FOLDER. When I close the box then it starts up normally. I'm very close to getting a refund as I do not have time to sort out these issues out.

I also receive lots of errors when applying security info. C:\hiberfil.sys The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Same goes for the following. Page file.sys Program files Program files X86 Windows

Ok got that sorted. Thank goodness.

Cancel last. Working now.

Keith Sandford.

I wouldn't have expected a sharing or permissions issue on drive C in the FSX folder unless you have set them up yourself, but firstly have you selected the correct radio button for your sim type (FSX) and identified correctly the folder where FSX.EXE resides.

Do not install Opus in a sub-folder of Opus Software, FSX, Prepar3D or Program Files since it causes permission problems

It is quite simple to set up, remember that you have to set sharing AND permissions. Opus needs access to the FSX\Weather\Themes\ folder to set the weather. Setting permissions and sharing on a drive does not necessarily set permissions and sharing for sub folders so check the FSX\Weather\Themes\ folder.

Cheryl

It's quite straight forward ...

You either have not configured the correct location in the FSISERVER Configure dialog, or more likely you simply have not set your system up with correct sharing and security permission (with the Everyone user group added to both sharing and security permission).

I've assume you've installed OpusFSI in its OWN folder (eg. D:\OpusFSI).

Those errors you talk about are really just warning or advisories and nothing to worry about when applying sharing and permissions etc..

Also of course make sure no AV program is active or the very least make the FSISERVER program a trusted program.

As I said its not too difficult to just set up your system and configure your FSISERVER program. The message you are getting is quite explicit and necessary as the software will need to access your FSX folders (have you identified your FSX install folder correctly?) and sub-folders in order to update weather etc.

One handy hint. It's always best to separate addons like OpusFSI from the sim if at all possible, separating them on different drives, again if that's possible. That way no addon software will ever interfere or delay the sim from accessing its own disc. Of course, if you can it's best to install FSX or P3D on a dedicated SSD.

If you can't do the above then not to worry.

Make sure you take the time to read the Recommended Practices for the LWE.