Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Bannister-Pearce

Sim connect can't init error

Ok,

I'm at my wits end here guys. Yesterday, I suffered a power failure whilst my pc was on. Several hours later, power now restored, I load up P3D V2 for a flight only to find 'sim connect can't init' error. My first thought was IP addresses, so I checked and changed them to the correct address, and nothing. The error remains.

Next up, I check all my sim connect files. All good, but still no joy. So I loaded up fsx to see if it was suffering the same issue. It was. Reinstalled simconnect, all three versions for fsx. No dice. Issue still remained. Uninstalled and reinstalled fsx. No joy.

Here's where things get odd though. If I run one of my client pc's with say, plan-g set to simconnect, it works fine. The client pc's can talk to both fsx and p3d, no problem. But the main pc can't can't seem to connect to simconnect at all, despite it being locally installed.

Anyone got any ideas?

Jess B

SimConnect.cfg can reside in either the folder with the calling application, or in 'My Documents'

Have you repaired the right copy of the .cfg file?

Doug

I did, but to no avail. In the end I did a fresh windows install and so on. Problem fixed, but not solved. I've no idea what the power outage did, but it really screwed up my install

Best wishes,

Jess B