Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Trial version just not working for me.

I did look through this forum and found other people have had the same issues but, I didn't find any solution in any of the threads. At first, after starting P3D and loading the VFR flight the manual directs, clicking the "enable" button for Voxatc would result in Vox ATC crashing with a fatal error... after a few attempts, that stopped happening and I got to the screen that tells me to tune in the ATIS frequency and listen to ATIS.

So far, so good until I am told to tune in the international clearance frequency. That gives me the prompt of what to say, keying the mic with the space bar, to get a radio check. No response at all.

I decided to skip the radio check after several attempts and I'm informed to ask for clearance...I do and get no response.

Just to see if anything was being 'transmitted' I said, "Yo clearance" and did get the response "unidentified aircraft say again". That tells me that the program does 'hear' me but for some reason can't recognize my request for clearance. I tried the variations in the manual and the best I got was "unidentified aircraft say again".

As initially stated, other people have had these problems but I have no idea if they found a solution.

If you haven't already, it is very important to go through the voice training portion of the set up. Have you done this? If you have, it may help to go over it again.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I've done that four times so far. I tested things a bit by dictating a test document in notepad... it wasn't perfect but was darned close. I'm trying to solve the issue with Voxatc via email. We'll see!

I'm trying to solve the issue with Voxatc via email. We'll see!

Went this route this time last year when having trouble trying the demo myself and got it sorted. I'm sure Tegwyn will help you out.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Went this route this time last year when having trouble trying the demo myself and got it sorted. I'm sure Tegwyn will help you out.

I hope so but, just to try and speed things up, do you remember what it was that fixed it for you?

Alrighty then! I've found out a few things.

When I installed voxatc, I was mixed up on a couple of things. I thought setting up and 'training' the voice recognition through Win 7 speech system was all that was required... I was wrong!

The routine that comes with vox atc called "Flight Plan training" is not to train you on how to use flight plans... it is to train vox atc to understand your messages during the flight! So, first you perform the basic flight plan training and that will get vox atc to understand you enough to get off the ground in the first VFR training flight.

However, I found that part way through the flight, ACT could not understand me when I contacted "Center" and the response I kept getting was a generic "<call sign> go ahead". That prompted me to go through the flight plan training for that particular flight and, like magic, ATC could now understand me.

Voxatc does "learn" as you progress so, it's  process. I'm confident that the program will soon be at s pretty good level of understanding me.

A few issues I have are with the voice that comes with the trial version... For instance when ATIS said information "lima" it sounded to me as if ATIS was saying "mina" and that made no sense to me at all. The good part is that voxatch puts up your 'read back' text for you and I could see what was actually said. Another issue also deals with pronunciation of the trial version voices. The word "niner" comes out sounding like "ninter" but I was able to figure that one out easily.

I do like the progressive taxi markers... nice purple cones that point the way.

Think I'll buy this one!