Sign in to follow this  
Luby

Quick view

Hi everyone, 

New to all this so I apologies if it has been here before.

How can i shortcut to other views within the VC. Aka button sequence to get to overhead panel etc.?

Thanks

How can i shortcut to other views within the VC. Aka button sequence to get to overhead panel etc.?

Tap 'a' three times.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, Luby,

You can assign function keys F9,F10,F11 and F12 to different camera definitions (found in the aircraft.cfg file), including VC views.   This is not specific to the 777 or to PMDG - camera definitions are a function in FSX.

If you add the following as the last line to the Camera definition titled "Overhead Lower Panel" in the Aircraft.cfg file of the 200LR or 300ER, it will assign the main overhead panel to F10.

HotKeySelect=2

Be sure to make a backup of the Aircraft.cfg file before you try this!

F10 already has an assigned view in FSX - don't recall what it is offhand, but you can tell by looking in FSX control settings.  I believe the default F10 assignment must be in place to be able to reassign it in a camera definition.  Of course when you assign F10 to the Overhead Panel you will lose its existing assignment.

You can add the same line to the end of other VC views -- If I remember correctly, 1 assigns F9, 2 assigns F10, 3 assigns F11 (which I have assigned to the "CDUs and ECL" camera), and 4 assigns F12. 

Edit:  Just realized you are asking about the NGX not the 777 -- I haven't done this for the NGX but it should work the same.  Using the "Center Pedestal" camera should give you a downward-looking view, "Overhead Lower Panel" or "Overhead Upper Panel" should give you what you need.

BTW, PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hey mike,

Thanks for that. And to Scandinavian.

I'll give it a shot

Regards

Declan