Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Gallagher

No buttons work

I'm new to using LINDA.  Just registered FSUIPC.  But after several hours,  I cannot get LINDA to perform any of my key presses.  In LINDA, under the appropriate joystick it says that the command is indicated.  For example, I set up no smoking signs and seat belt signs and mapped them to my Saitek X52.  I deleted these assignments in FSX.  But when I press any of the buttons nothing happens.  I haven't got a single button to work yet with LINDA.  Anybody have any ideas?    

Hi Phillip

Welcome to LINDA and sorry to hear that you are having problems. I assume you are using Linda 2.5 with your X52 only. Is the joystick shown as connected on the summary page? When you press a button does it highlight a numbered line on the joystick page?

If not try the following. Open FSUIPC4 and confirm that the button shows up on the buttons page. Make sure you have saved the joystick page when assign a new function to a button.

If that fails PM a copy of your config-hid.lua file from \fsx\modules\linda-cfg\{your aircraft}\ folder.

Let me know how you get on.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi ScotFlieger,

I am running the X52, CH Yoke, and the Saitek multi, radio, and switch panels.  They all show up in LINDA as "ok." When I press a button the numbered line DOES show and the corresponding command I choose fills in.  In LINDA I DO get a message that "FSUIPC files not found"  Tonight, when I get home I will post that file. Thank you for your assistance!  -Phil

Hi Phil, that is intriguing because all you said suggests it should work except that you say you get he message that "FSUIPC files not found".  In addition to the config-hid.lua file can you send me a copy of the initial start up log on the LINDA Console. 

Edited by ScotFlieger
corrected file name

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I tried to reproduce those things here but was unable to.  In the main Linda screen I get:

Configuration checklist

Joysticks/HID devices

ch yoke

Saitek x52

pro flight radio panel

multi panel

switch panel

Everything is ok!

VRinsight MCP combo

device enabled

COM port not set

Setup required

FSX/FSUIPC configs

FSUIPC files not found!

Setup required

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC and all my joysticks and panels show at bottom.  Not using VRinsight     

Thanks for your time.  If I can't get it to work I'll survive but it looks like a great program. : ) 

Hi Philip

Thank you for the information and your patience. I note that you do not have any VRInsight MCP panels but the 'FSUIPC files not found - Setup Required' means that you do need to select the Setup MCP Combo page and run the FSUIPC config setup. You will need both LINDA and FSX to be running to do this.  You should also un-tick the MCP Enabled checkbox.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Phil

As I said please PM me you config-hid.lua file and a copy of the Console report on start up.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK