Sign in to follow this  
Claudie42

is this a bug or a lack of protection?

Bonsoir,

I'm a little mad, Because I lost all assignments of my buttons. actually by mistake I selected an empty preset 'and he was impossiblede recover assignments.

I tried to revert to backup file: config-mcp2.lua by copying the lines on a new file 'named q400'
sauvegrdé ds and the / preset

But when I 'opens the
q400 file it appears' empty' when I had copied the lines.

It would be great if there could be a protection of these files because redo all the work is too hard and too long!

thank you in advance

ps : version linda 2.5023

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your hard work. The feature was added in 2.5 to backup up the config-mcp*.lua file everytime you make any change and save. To recover the backup simply identify the date and time of the last valid set up. Then copy that file and rename it config-mcp*lua. You can either rename or overwrite the faulty file.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I actually renamed a file save  in mcp2.lua, but what disturbed me completely is to see that the buttons no longer work in the aircraft, while in mcp functions appear!
The file config-mcp example :

["GA."] = Empty,

Is it normal to have "GA space and dot" or can we put only ["GA"] this on all lines of the file: config-mcp2.lua?
thank you

Hi Simufs

Each of the button/knob entries in the config-mcp2.lua (or config-mcp2a.lua) corresponds to the VRInsight output. A button press is already in the form [bTN .] where the dot indicates a press and the length is alway 4 chars. Other suffixes are colon (:) and plus/minus +/++/-/--).

You can test this by putting your MCP2 panel into test mode (power off, set AP Disarm switch down, power on) and press or turn the control. The value appears on the radio LCD.

If you are experiencing the problem that no buttons now work, I suggest you backup and delete your current config-lua.mcp and copy and rename the config-mcp2.default file to config-mcp2.lua. These files should only be edited if you understand how they are formatted and what they mean.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew