Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

A fix for ctd

Hi all, I have sweetfx running on my G74S laptop with DX10 which has been no problem with performance or graphics issue's running it since it's inception and have uninstalled it and reinstalled for various reasons many times with no problems, also running ASN, all Orbx, flight planners. etc, etc, but at the moment I am in the middle of setting up a friends lappy which is the exactly the same unit in every way with a complete virgin FSX install except for Steve's DX10 fixer but after installing Sweetfx on his unit all I get is the fsx splash screen then the CTD with no indication of what's wrong, re-downloaded sweetfx files a dozen times with no change, I have removed the d3d9.dll from fsx and it will run as per normal but with no sweetfx injection occurs, does anyone have any idea as to what the issue is or how to remedy the ctd upon fsx start up? I have searched google time and time again only to come up with a blank and have also seen many other people with the same issue but no concrete remedy, so if anyone has some idea on a fix for this it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Rod.

Me too ... same thing withP3Dv2.5. I also uninstalled/reinstalled SweetFX a number of times. I actually got it working (once) then it just went back to its old ways.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

G'day Adam, I resolved the problem on my friends system by updating the runtime program on his OS and worked perfect, there hasn't been a problem since, hope it helps.

Cheers Rod.

I got mine working as well!! It turns out that my trying out and mixing up various other versions of DLLs just messed things up. I went back to a clean install of FlightFX - with its default SweetFX files and it's all worked brilliantly from there on! I think P3D may be particularly "picky" about those d3d libraries.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png