Sign in to follow this  
Adel4777

New user to P3D I have some questions...

Hello everyone, 

I am a FSX user, and I have a new system build with a great AMD 290 GPU. to be honest I am not really satsfied with the way FSX works. I heard that P3D is much better regarding to the smoothness and quality of the texture. 

So do you guys suggest me to switch to P3D? also where I can purchase it from? I went to their website but I couldn't understand! they don't sell it same way as the FSX? there is only license to developers and for Academic!

where to find?

also is the PMDG 777 will work on P3D? 

Thanks, and I apologize if some one asked same questions before!

You can only purchase it on the LM site and you have to choose yourself which license to get. Most people here bought the Academic license, I myself bought the Pro license. Take not that it is FORBIDDEN to talk about the various licenses and which one to get!!! You have to make that up for yourself. Do a search on the forum and you should be able to figure out what to get. (Or PM someone.)

The PMDG 777 will NOT work in P3D. They are planning to release a P3D version of it but it's completely unclear when (and if) that will happen and how much it will cost.

If P3D is much better also depends on your CPU. In general P3D will run as good as FSX but with a lot of extra graphical options but don't expect being able to move all sliders right and get 60 fps. Concerning the quality of the texture... not sure what you mean with that. P3D has a nicer lighting system and things look better imho out of the box but the textures are the same as in FSX.

You're system looks nice, that shouldnt be problem with P3D2.4.

Just as I was almost done writing a detailed explanation, Jeroen jumped in front of me (thanks for that, Jeroen :P ), so, what Jeroen said... ;)

If you say quality in textures, I think of two things, the textures themselves, or the way the are shown in either sim. I dont see anything on your profile from addons you're using, but if you're still using default textures, that can also be the cause of your disappointment and even though P3D looks more natural, in my opinion, the textures just arent top of the line. If you're using default textures and you're comparing your sim to the pictures and videos that are going around, maybe it's time to look for some addons to upgrade your environment.

Cheers!

Maarten

(thanks for that, Jeroen :P )

You're very welcome! :P:lol:

I use the 290x and it's a good card in p3d....i put it to work running 5700x1200 resolution... So my frames are not the best. But for standard resolutions it great.