Sign in to follow this  
Balint

Still amazed...

Getting used to the sheer depth of systems simulation on the T7. I'm not even surprised to see the FWD L fuel pump being driven by DC when the pump switch is OFF and APU running, because that is how it operates on the real thing (as I see it in the manuals at least).

What really blows me away, for example, is to see the EGT after shutdown of the engines. Put the fuel control switches to CUTOFF and watch the EGT decrease as there is no more burning of the fuel inside the engine. Then, when the fans stop rotating, put the fuel control switches to RUN again, just to see EGT readings and watch the EGT rise again! I guess as there is no more bypass airflow cooling the combustion chamber, the leftover heat slowly starts to dissipate resulting in an increase in temperature at the EGT measuring point. Watch it a little longer and the temperature reading will, indeed, start to decrease again.

This is not systems simulation. This is attention to detail PMDG style.

I agree with you. I love the T7. Especially the -300ER is a beauty, the systems are awesome and done with great passion for detail.

This is why I patiently wait for the PMDG 747 v2 and ignoring IFly.