Sign in to follow this  
JPVV

Installation of Scenery Belgium 2012 with UTX Europe

I downloaded and unpacked Belgium 2012 and have now 2 files Belgium 2012 and Brussels HD both with 2 files: scenery and texture. And also the Belgium 2012 Grey areas patch.

How can I install this knowing that I have already installed Ultimate TerrainX Europe, ManhattanX and Megascenery X Southern California?

After that I want to install The Netherlands 2000 scenery version 4.06 .

I believe I have to move certain scenery up or down in the scenery manager?

Thanks in advance for your remarks and a fine end of 2014 and beginning of 2015 for you all!

Jean-Pierre 

Just make sure that Belgium2012 is above the UTX stuff in the scenery library, and then put the Brussels scenery above the Belgium2012 scenery and you should be fine. The US MSE shouldn't interact with either the Belgium scenery or the UTX Europe landclass. So I'd have the top of the scenery library look something like this:

Brussels HD

Belgium 2012

Manhattan

Southern California

UTX Europe entries

Thanks!  

Should I put The Netherlands 2000 scenery version 4.06 above Brussels HD? I have also UTX USA and UTX Canada do I have to put these on the end of the scenery library?

Jean-Pierre

I don't think it makes any difference where you put the NL2000 in relation to Brussels HD just ensure that the NL2000 entries are in the correct order themselves.

All the UTX stuff should put their own entries in the scenery.cfg when you install them and I'd just leave them as is and put all of your own photoscenery extras above them.

OK, but now I have the following problem with the installation of Belgium 2012: I want that Belgium 2012 appears in the scenery library. Therefore I have put the Belgium 2012 file with his scenery and texture files in the 'Addon scenery'. After that I started FSX and went to the Scenery library. There I click on the Add Area choose Belgium 2012 in the Addon scenery and click on the OK button. After this I see the files scenery and texture. Here I select scenery and click the OK button next to Directory. Then I get the message 'No search results'. The only way I get further is by leaving this screen and nothing has happened... What do I wrong? 

Firstly you need to add the Belgium 2012 folder to the scenery library, not the scenery or texture sub-folders.

Secondly what you are describing sounds like the bug with Win7 and adding scenery in FSX. Take a look here:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?205432-Windows-7-Scenery-Addon-Installation-Bug-Fix

Problem solved! I'm running under Windows 8.1and it is the same bug as with Windows 7.

Thanks, It's a fine ending of the year.

Happy New Year!

Jean-Pierre