mrgeeunit

setting up fsx.cfg win 8.1

Hi, im trying to reinstall my dold copy of FSX deluxe on my new computer

the spec are intel core i7 4770
12gb ram ddr5
gtx 650 1gb
2 terabytes HDD on a seperate drive wich I use for gaming
and an onboard sound card

thing is ive searched around the net a lot for tweaks to fsx.cfg and others and addons and i havent been able to find a completly stable setup without graphicals glitch like objects spawning and stuff like that

any recommendations would be welcome

I do not recommend tweaks.  Your system is more than powerful.  I would use the settings as described in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (tweaks are discussed there too).  If you set your FSX.cfg to the max or close to the max, you will see issues eventually.  The only "tweaks" I use are LOD_Radius from the default max of 4.5 to 6.5 and the Texture Max Load of the default 1024 to 4096 or sometimes 2048.  Let FSX breath and allow it to render objects instead of placing a huge demand on it by raising all of your settings to the max.

Best regards,

mrgeeunit, I just bought this new PC in early December. It's a Dell 8700 XP, 16 GB RAM, and an nvidia  GeForce GTX 745 with 4 GB VRAM. I installed FSX Gold, and left all the settings and fsx.cfg at the default settings. The installation automatically set everything to "Ultra High", and it is working great. Even in the busiest airports (I have all the World of AI packages installed so there is a huge amount of aircraft at all the major airports) there is no lag. My old PC had Windows Vista, 4 GB RAM, and 512 MB VRAM. I was hoping FSX would perform better, but I didn't know it would work this well. If your system performs anywhere like mine, you shouldn't need to adjust anything in the cfg file. I've not had any items spawning or anything of that sort.