Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

To Ken Salter, Re: Sonar5

Hi Ken,Over the course of several months, it's been my displeasure to read a series of annoying posts by Joe, aka "Sonar5" on this forum. Thus far, I've managed to avoid responding to his nasty spews, observing that challenges only serve to encourage him.Given the nature of the posts which I've learned to expect from him, I was somewhat surprised to learn that he was moderating a forum on the AVSIM web site. "Moderation" is certainly not a word I would ever have associated with "Sonar5", but it was none of my business. I just avoided the forum that bears his name.The relationship between "Sonar5" and AVSIM is no more my business today than in the past, but his most recent contributions to this forum have finally convinced me to point out that he does absolutely nothing to enhance AVSIM's reputation. Indeed, I believe he puts the worst possible face on your organization. To make matters worse, he includes AOPA's logo in his signature, thereby tarnishing their reputation as well. Exhibiting an utter lack of good judgement and disregard for his responsibilities as a representative of AVSIM, he has made comments to and about several addon developers that might well be construed as libel.Ken, I'm confident enough in your good judgement to be certain that you already know this, and I'm equally certain that you're wrestling with a difficult decision regarding this individual. For my part, I had to decide whether to make this a private email to you or a forum post. I've come to the conclusion that the addon developers who have been routinely maligned and baited by Joe deserve to see something in public. Be assured that I for one will applaud any action which rectifies a situation that has apparently gotten out of hand.Sincerely,Ken (aka srburger)

This is totally inappropriate and I will lock this thread immediately. But, before I do, Joe was temporarily given mod status in order to moderate the Around the World Race forum during the period of the race. That forum is now gone, and so is his mod status. That took place quite a while ago. If you have an issue with a single individual, send email or use the alert button at the bottome of every message.