Sign in to follow this  
João Carlos Da Rocha

CTD on Short Final

Hi guys, for the last 2 days I have been having problems when using the Airbus A319X in conjuction with FS2Crew Voice Control Version, after calling out the landing check-list on final I hear a Windows themed error sound on the background of P3D 2.4, if I come to the desktop there are no dialogue windows open but the error sound persists regardless. After having a look at the windows event viewer I found out the following Application Error, as it has got something to do with speech DLL I would like to know if this could be related to the FS2Crew application and if anyone could be of help on sorting this issue out.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-15T17:55:41.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>8010</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Carlos-PC</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>2.4.11570.0</Data>
  <Data>542314d3</Data>
  <Data>spsreng.dll</Data>
  <Data>8.0.7600.16385</Data>
  <Data>4a5bdb16</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>0002707a</Data>
  <Data>9c8</Data>
  <Data>01d030cce2b2e1da</Data>
  <Data>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\System32\Speech\Engines\SR\spsreng.dll</Data>
  <Data>b7e66e2c-9cdf-11e4-b69f-902b34362350</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Even if this is not related to FS2Crew if someone could help me on what to do, I would be apreciated.

I'm using the Aerosoft Airbus X v1.21 with the hotfix 1.21 C and the latest version  Airbus X Voice Control 2.2 of FS2Crew  on the P3D v2.4

Best Regards

Carlos Rocha

Hi there Bryan, thanks for you reply and I'm sorry for my late reply to you. I have to correct myself, going trough the history of errors on windows event viewer only today that I realised that this error started since the 21/12/2014 witch was the date that I have installed FS2Crew Airbus X Voice control, but before, the windows themed error sound, would sound in the background but p3d wouldn't CTD, now it crashe's after 3 or 4 error sounds. As it was a error in regards to a speech DLL I assumed that could be FS2Crew Related, answering to your questions on the above ticket I didn't installed anything new on my P3d apart from the latest hotfix 1.21 C for the Aerosoft Airbus, in relation to be pushing my PC a bit to far I have to disregard that as the possible because none of my P3d settings have been changed, I have always had very stable performance on my P3d using the Aerosoft Airbus, FS2Crew, ASN and REX textures I manage to have an average FPS of 25+ coming down to 16/19fps during heavy weather at a Mega Airport as Heathrow or Amsterdam for example. Also I've done a test flight using the same parameters as always but this time without FS2Crew INSTALLED on my system and I was quite surprised when I've manage to reproduce 4 short flights from Lisbon to Oporto/Oporto to Lisbon/Lisbon to Faro and back to Lisbon again without any freeze or CTD on my P3d. I've then done a longer flight form Hamburg to Lisbon not using FS2Crew and also no CTD, just afterwards I've done a clean install of FS2Crew and reproduced the same flight Hamburg to Lisbon and on final after the landing checklist was called the error sound on the background and within seconds P3D CTD. After all of this testing I am able to conclude that the CTD and the error Log that I have sent you above is related to FS2Crew. I understand that you haven't seen such an error before but obviously this issue cannot persist. If you need me to do any testing using my system or if you need any of my assistance in providing you any needed information please let me know, bottom line I would like to get this issue sorted as I love flying the Airbus with FS2crew.

my pc specs are as follows

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i7-3770k cpu OC @4.00ghz

16.0 Gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3gb

I'm running the Aerosoft Airbus on Prepar3d 2.4 with Active sky Next SP1 for P3D and REX texture direct for the textures... I have several scenery installed but like I have said nothing installed or updated recently.

I really hope this can be of help and look forward in trying to find a solution in regards to this issue

Best Regards

Carlos Rocha

now it crashe's after 3 or 4 error sounds

Confirm your speech recognizer is set to English - US and try it at a default airport.

Make a flight in Africa or Asia to be away from all the 3rd party stuff.

As mentioned, most CTDs are associated with 3rd party scenery and people who have their settings up way too high.

I suspect there is a memory leak of some sort around your 3rd party airport.

Confirm your speech recognizer is set to English - US and try it at a default airport.

Hi there Bryan, I can confirm that is the case since day 1, there again I'm going to try what you have said above during the weekend and will let you know of the outcome. 

Best Regards

Carlos Rocha