Sign in to follow this  
Nytro

No ATC pilot voice sound when starting Prepar3D as administrator

Hello guys,

I just run in a strange problem when I launch Prepar3D with administrator privileges. I have no ATC sound. Neither pilot voice or flight controller. The text shows up in the ATC window tho, but no sound. :( All the other sounds working fine, cockpit sounds, engines etc. If I'm running Prepar3D without admin privileges the ATC voices are there.

I need to run it in admin mode because of Ultimate Traffic 2 ( UT2 ), otherwise I can't see AI traffic.

Hope somebody ran in a similar problem and know how to fix it. Thanks!

Greets
Nytro

JEAH got it! By an accident I pulled my headphone jack out of the front audio panel. I tucked them in again and the sound switched to the headphones. So I put them on and suddenly I had ATC sound on my headphones!

I reproduced that while Prepar3D was running and I've pulled all my 3.5 jacks out from the soundcard. After I've put them back in, I had ATC sound again :D:D:D

I have no clue why this problem only shows, when launching the game in admin mode. It makes no sense at all, but however it's fixed!

So again to fix the sound bug in admin mode:

1. Launch Prepar3D as admin and load a flight.
2. When you hear sound except the ATC sounds, pull all your jacks out and put them back in.
3. You should have the ATC sound back now!
4. You only have to do that one time. On the next flights you still have that ATC sound without pulling and plugging.

I have a Asus Xonar DGX sound card. Maybe this had causes the bug?