Sign in to follow this  
bleekemolen

New Device connected.... message

Hallo all,

I've got a very small problem: Untill today I was using one usb headset connected to Teamspeak while flying online and one headset on a different computer to communicate with other members of the VA on f.i. an event flight, through a nice piece of software called Mumble (our VA hasn't got a company channel on IVAO). That works fine as long as there's no active ATC to consider. To communicate as well as with ATC as with my fellow pilots on Mumble I use both headsets at the same time: left ear connected to Mumble, right ear to ATC. A little akward and sometimes very confussing when both speak.

So I looked for a usb switch to connect one headset to both computers. Found it and it works great. But every time I switch to connect my headset to use it with Teamspeak, Linda gives the message that a new device is connected and that I have to reload Linda.

Is there a way to avoid that Linda reacts with this message every time when connect or disconnect. Linda isn't even needed to get the headset to operate.

I would appriciate any help,

Peter

Hi Peter

I am impressed. I have difficulty just thinking about talking to just one person. Although LINDA is currently giving a warning dialog, the way you are working will have no effect on its use. You simply close the dialog.

You will be pleased to hear that I am working on a solution that should stop the dialog appearing. Hopefully, the next update will allow LINDA to handle a certain amount of dynamic plugging and unplugging of USB devices. I have hit a few technical issues that I have not been able to resolve.  However, those USBs (like your headsets and keyboard switches) that are not being used by LINDA will be able to be connected/disconnected without the warning/information message. New joysticks can be connect and will work.

The problem I have not been able to overcome is that disconnecting a joystick/device can stop others working and not all removed joysticks can be reconnected and work.

Keep a watch on the forum.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scotflieger,

Thanks for your fast respons. You're right, it's just a minor issue and just closing the dialog box isn't that much of an effort. Still... if it can be fixed, it would make things a lot more pleasant. In the meantime I'll keep a watch on the forum and wish you lots of success to overcome the problems you mentioned.

Peter