Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

running on 1.8 ghz SE

anyway I can get it to work because, the loading is super fast but after 5 min of flying it goes from 30 fps to like 2 running windows 8.1

Without any more information other than you're running it on a 1.8GHz computer, al I can offer is turn down the settings.  Once you stat loading up textures in FSX, you're frame rate will decrease depending on where you're flying.  If you are trying with settings too high, then that is the root of your problem...even guys with big mega computers can't fly FSX with full settings!!  :)

A 1.8GHz is not a powerful pony, and I think the minimum specs offered by Steam are:

- 2.0GHZ or higher

- 2 GB of RAM

- DX9 compliant video card with at least 256MB video RAM

You don't list what you have as RAM or as a video card...both of these are as important as your processor.  FSX is very CPU dependent, but the peripherals can't be ignored either.

That being said, I have a overclocked core at 4.3 GHz, and in the toughest scenery with full AI, and a sky full of clouds, I get 15-18 FPS.  That's my basis on why I suggest you turn down your settings.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Without any more information other than you're running it on a 1.8GHz computer, al I can offer is turn down the settings.  Once you stat loading up textures in FSX, you're frame rate will decrease depending on where you're flying.  If you are trying with settings too high, then that is the root of your problem...even guys with big mega computers can't fly FSX with full settings!!  :)

A 1.8GHz is not a powerful pony, and I think the minimum specs offered by Steam are:

- 2.0GHZ or higher

- 2 GB of RAM

- DX9 compliant video card with at least 256MB video RAM

You don't list what you have as RAM or as a video card...both of these are as important as your processor.  FSX is very CPU dependent, but the peripherals can't be ignored either.

That being said, I have a overclocked core at 4.3 GHz, and in the toughest scenery with full AI, and a sky full of clouds, I get 15-18 FPS.  That's my basis on why I suggest you turn down your settings.

I have 8 gb of ram intergreated graphics card at 128 mb video ram every other game is fine just not fsx also, I don't use payware or any addon scenery my cpu is a i3 with 2 cores hyperthreated to 4 virtual I make fsx only use the 2 real ones

I have 8 gb of ram intergreated graphics card at 128 mb video ram every other game is fine just not fsx also, I don't use payware or any addon scenery my cpu is a i3 with 2 cores hyperthreated to 4 virtual I make fsx only use the 2 real ones

Yeah, you won't be able to run FSX very well with what you have, unfortunately.  Like I said, it's not just your CPU.  Your graphics situation is very weak, not even meeting the minimum requirements.

I'm not sure what you're running on (a laptop or a desktop), but a video card is in order if you do have a desktop.  I'd recommend at least a 500 series NVidia card...relatively cheap and works fine for your setup.  Anything more and you'd be throwing money at it...

Like I said in my first post, FSX is a CPU intensive program...and the program isn't modern by any means.  It's almost 10 years old!!  FSX has the capability of taking the best tuned and tweaked 4.5-5GHz computer to its knees!!  So, what you will see in performance from "other games" can't be compared with FSX...it's an apples to oranges comparison.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png