Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

Problem installing - MSVCR110.dll missing

So after downloading for the entire day (I have slow line...), I was finally ready to install P3D. When installation is nearly complete, I get a windows failure message telling me something went wrong (the same one you will see with a CTD). Looking at the error log, it crashed because of a problem with MSVCR110.dll. The installation program itself does not close and it will complete the installation. When I try to launch P3D, I get an error message telling me that MSVCR110_CLR0400.dll is missing and the program closes.

Anyone with some advice here? It could be some corrupt files in my download (I downloaded the files one by one, not the whole installer at once), but I hope I don't have to download it again and wait close to 8 hours for it to get done.

EDIT:

After some searching, I tried to reinstall Visual C++ 2010 without success. This is what is says in the error log (sorry it's in norwegian, but hopefully you will understand):

Programnavn med feil: Prepar3D.exe, versjon: 2.5.12942.0, tidsangivelse: 0x54d283cc
Modulnavn med feil: MSVCR100.dll, versjon: 10.0.40219.325, tidsangivelse: 0x4df2be1e
Unntakskode: 0x40000015
Feilforskyvning: 0x0008d6fd
Feil prosess-ID: 0xea4
Feil starttid for program: 0x01d0464944765e72
Feil programbane: E:\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Feil modulbane: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll
Rapport-ID: 832fb1fa-b23c-11e4-a1e2-448a5b5e80d9

EDIT #2:
I'm in the process of uninstalling all of the Visual C++ versions, and then reinstalling the ones required. Will report back.

EDIT #3:
Success! A reinstall of all Visual C++ versions (2010, 2012, 2013 both x86 and 64) seemed to be the trick.

Marius S