Sign in to follow this  
Guest GravitySucks

For REALLY BORED FS9 Airbus fans

If you want to spend 18 hours bonding with your flight simulator(and your chair)...Singapore Airlines will break its own record for the world's longest distance commercial flight with non-stop service from Singapore to Newark beginning June 28. The new flight tops the carrier's existing record by 1,000 miles, which was set Feb. 3 when it began non-stop services between Singapore and Los Angeles. Singapore will operate the 9,000 nautical-mile route with A340-500 aircraft. The flight will take about 18 hours in each direction.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

all that with a 17.5" seat pitch...unbelievable!

>all that with a 17.5" seat pitch...Yikes! Glad I won't be taking that flight anytime soon.

Dang, I go from SFO to Singapore in Singapore Airlines sometimes, but via Seoul outbound / Hong Kong inbound, and that's long enough. I also go Raffles Class not coach, but I thought SA had a fairly good pitch even in Coach.Richard

From SIA's Website...Singapore's A340-500 LeaderShip... "The world

Sounds nice! They don't have the 340-500 on SFO/SIN yet, and the 47's they use haven't yet been upgraded to the lie-flat seats in Raffles, but they're still excellent. They also provide, IMHO, the finest in-flight food anywhere.Richard

Wow, that's a long flight. I did LAX to Auckland New Zealand non-stop.. Just under 16 hours, and was NOT fun. Just about as long as you handle flying, then you have 4 more hours to go.