Sign in to follow this  
pscharff

OpusFSI - VALIDATING LICENSE

Hello,

Yesterday I have installed OpusFSI v4.47.2. After starting this tool the operating mode stops at "VALIDATING LICENSE". A few minutes ago I have installed OpusFSI v4.47.3, but the problem hasn't gone.

I can find my license file "OpusFSIUpgrade.lic" is in the folder C:\Opus Software. This problem occurs from time to time, but in most cases the problem has gone after a few hours.

So what could be the problem at this time?

Thanks,
Patric

Hi,

First you need to check your FSISERVER.log file, this file will indicate if any initial errors are detected.

You should also make sure the listed OpusFSI.DLL file has both a valid version number and is current (date/time no more than 7 days old).

Then check you have both your OpusFSX.lic and OpusFSIUpgrade.lic files in your c:\Opus Software folder.

Both of these licence files must be present, valid and activated on your hardware for the Upgrade licence to be validated.

Finally, make sure you do not have an AV program active when flight simming, not only will it impact on the sims performance but it can also block the OpusFSI licence validation checks.

If in doubt just email me the content of your FSISERVER,log and I should be able to tell what's wrong from that.

Stephen :-)

Hello Stephen,

Problem solved!

Thanks for your quick answer. I needed to download and reinstall the Flight1 OpusFSX installer, too.

Now I have got two lic-files in the C:\Opus Software folder (OpusFSX.lic and OpusFSIUpgrade.lic). This is really strange, because I have checked an Acronis-backup of a previous installation, and there is no OpusFSX.lic file to be seen, nevertheless it was working.

Whatever! - now it's working.

Thanks,
Patric

Hi Patric,

Glad to hear you are up and running. The lic files can also be copied to your windows folders during installation but should still always be kept in c:\Opus Software.

Regards

Stephen :-)