Sign in to follow this  
chrismk

Panels blank when reloading flight

Recently purchased the 747 and I began to work through the first Type Rating Course.

Having completed the final cockpit preparation in a state of mental exhaustion I saved the flight.

Much to my frustration there are now a number of blank panels. Only 1 FMC is displayed and there is no EICAS.

Incidentally after some brief investigation I've noticed that the same panels are also blank when loading other panel states though some aren't affected.

The original panel state (effectively dark & cold) is fine.

Any idea what is going on?

Chris Curtis

In fact this happens just by using the save facility. They are missing when the newly created panel state is loaded

Chris Curtis

Since the problem doesn't seem to occur with other flights I'll assume it is something to do with these particular ones which were downloaded from the PDMG website.

And what's with the smoking engines? This made me give up with pursuing this aircraft a few years ago.
I now know the solution - but really?!

Chris Curtis

I have noticed that this happens sometimes, not if I've saved a flight, but when I want to create a new once.  I select the airport I want as a origin and then go to Fly Now.  When the flight starts I sometimes find myself in a cold and dark state.  My workaround was to save a warm and lit panel state once I got the 747 going.  After that I can always get out of a dark and cold situation by loading the warm and lit saved state. Someone could post a warm a lit state for anyone to load.  If you want to download mine it is at http://www3.telus.net/djlassmann/PMDG/PMDG%20B747-400%20Warm%20and%20Lit.sav for now.  It is only a 10KB file.