Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcomm

Weather, and the 777...

A great weather engine and the best airliner I ever used with MSFS - this 777 - make handling in FSX simply astounding, and what I think ( never having flown more than a LevelD Airbus A320 sim under very nasty gusting winds ) is an extremely / unique sensation of being there!

I really do not have the time, nor the will, to give this remarkable model the correct use, and even bought the -300, but in fact I keep using the 200, cargo and 300 models solely on short circuits, usually around airports with reported significant weather.

All I can say is that the handling of the 777 is absolutely AMAZING. Contrarily to most FSX models, which pretty much help creating that wrong perception that vlying in MSFS is always "on-rails", the flight model is so superbly designed that it is really a thrill to bring my -300 down to a stop under gusting winds, intense precipitation and turbulence. I have even found myself sweating after one of those sessions !!!

I really don't know how PMDG designed their flight dynamics model for this add-on, and I believe it doesn't use an external module for the flight dynamics ( like Majestic for their Q400, and A2A for some instances of their aircraft physics modeling ) but truth is, either PMDG really makes the after all very good FDM that was designed for fs9 and and FSX shine, showing how capable it really is in the hands of those who master it's intricacies, or they do Magic :-)

Unique!

Can't wait for the NGX installer for FSX:SE, and of course, for the 744 v2 !!!   Meanwhile I am using my PSX and watching Britjet's tutorial videos for the 744  ( Aerowinx forums ), preparing for my first checkride in the 744 v2 :) in a few months from now...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Uninstalling flightsims is a temptation I can never resist...

Nicely written, couldn`t agree more. It really is a masterpice. I prefer the P3D 2.5 but the tripple seven, combined with ASN weather and Orbx land is in its class of its own.

Any yeah, bring on the 737 and 747! :wub:

Matej Stavanja

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,535.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now