Sign in to follow this  
-Stark-

AI Traffic?

How does AI traffic work? Does it just pull planes from your /SimObjects/Airplane directory and randomly place them around based on your traffic/airport slider setting?  I came across World of AI today and would like to get some more variety of airplanes at my airports.

Using WoA, it is basically an installer that puts planes and flight plans in their respective folders. Its a very simple process. The more you work with it, the more familiar you will get with it and you can make changes and update flight plans as you see fit. I suggest reading some tutorials before doing that though. WoA is a great starting place. There are other programs like MyTraffic that has planes and real world flight plans, but that does cost so its up to you what you use.

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

So as long as the planes are in the simobject folder the client will put them on the tarmac?

So as long as the planes are in the simobject folder the client will put them on the tarmac?

FSX loads the Ai flightplans that reside in \FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery\, those flightplans contain the schedules that the relevant Ai aircraft will fly.

As far as WOAI is concerned there is no Client, FSX handles the reading of the plans and places the correct aircraft on the tarmac in parking spots read from your Afcad files.

The aircraft will the depart and arrive in accordance with the WOAI schedules.

I have always used MyTraffic X which is relatively FPS friendly as Ai addons go