Sign in to follow this  
gfd

Scenery

Greetings,

I am unhappy with the behaviour of some of my scenery. I don't want to reinstall everything. I have an image of my virgin 2.5 install.

What if I delete my scenery, effects, and texture folders; my scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg files; then replace with virgin files (will uninstall/delete current scenery first). Maybe I would also have to remove entries from dll.xml and maybe exe.xml.

Would I then be able to start over with scenery? I could restore the image, but my OS drive is synchronized as well and I don't want to lose changes to OS and simlator drives.

Would there be scenery entries lurking in the registry?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

You will also lose the effects files installed by your aircraft addons.

What scenery are you not happy with ?

You will also lose the effects files installed by your aircraft addons.

What scenery are you not happy with ?

Thanks Glynn,

I could copy the folders from an image that I took after all aircraft were installed, but before GSX or 3rd Party scenery. What's bothering me is CYTZ, Toronto. I have the default, of course. But I also have Simaddon's version and the version that came with Orbx freeware airports. When I load a flight at FlyTampa CYYZ, I turn off CYTZ to keep it from consuming resources (the Simaddons version has a lot going on there). Since it is above the Orbx version, I would expect the Orbx version to load. Parts of it do, but there are elevation issues and the ugly default terminal appears. I tried deactivating and then uninstalling,  Simaddons version, but no joy. There wasn't much in the way of information on the Orbx forums. Now if it's happening here, maybe it's happening elsewhere. I want to get back to a clean scenery situation, install Orbx, and see if that corrects the situation.

Given the above, what do you suggest I do?

Thanks again for the reply.