Sign in to follow this  
Burrick

AI Traffic in P3D v2.5

I've cranked aircraft to 100% and even at KLAX I have only a handful of AI aircraft. Is there something wrong with v2.5 where this is concerned?

I have been using P3D v2.4 with a number of addons, including "Just Flight Traffic X" which worked just fine. I would even have to tone it down, as there were times a dozen aircraft were waiting to take off.

Last week I reformatted my desktop and installed v2.5 from scratch. All addons loaded and worked. The last thing I went to add was the traffic app. It did not work at all. As far as I could tell I got no aircraft.

I uninstalled Traffic X and purchased My Traffic 3D 5.4C, thinking the other was too old (It's no longer offered for purchase). Didn't make a difference. No matter what I tried. One suggestion was to manually Modify prepar3d.cfg and add a line telling P3D where the addon aircraft was for My Traffic. I was to add "SimObjectPaths.9=MyTraffic\Aircraft". Asssuming that ...0 to .8 was pointing to the the standard SimObjects. It was at this time I noticed that my cfg file did not contain a reference to any SimObjectPaths. Is there something pooched with my install? I added them including the reference to MyTraffic. Still no Joy. I deleted the Prepar3d.cfg file and let Prepar3d rebuild it. Again there were no references to "SimObjectPaths" in the cfg file, which leads me to believe that v2.5 has changed the location of this information or is handling it differently.

Any ideas, anyone? The SIM works and all but it truly sucks to be the only "moving" Aircraft at a large airport.

Simobjects has it's own cfg file now its in programdata\lockheedmartin\prepar3dv2 you need to add a line for your traffic in this.

Thanks for the info. Everything is now set as it should be (I believe), unfortunately no AI at all. (Part of the installation process is to disable the TrafficAircraft.bgl that is used by the "default" AI. It's starting to look like MyTraffic 3D v5.4c does not work in v2.5 of p3d.

I don't suppose there is anyone out there that has managed to get MyTraffic to work with v2.5? (Or any AI besides the default, which appears to be quite lame aircraft quantity wise, regardless of my slider setting).

That's strange because I managed to get Just Flight's Traffic 360 to work with 2.5, all i had to do was manually install the lines to the scenery.cfg and switch of a couple of traffic.bgl files.