Sign in to follow this  
quepsi83

B772 & 773 (sudden issues)

Good day.

I flew the B77W yesterday (Sunday). No issues.  This morning I load it from yesterday's (arrival) saved airport list and i get a beautiful plane with no wheels and a dark cockpit... meaning inactive screens. I hear click spots when I click and so forth.

The JS4100, the NGX and the B744/8i all load and work fine.  I always start FSX from (one) airport with a native FSX Piper Used Trainer - BEFORE - loading anything else. This has worked for like forever... jus tlike yesterday.

Within the 3d cockpit, I can click ( and hear ) click sounds. Pressing the menu key on the lower CDU - doesn't activate it.  FSX's Add-on menu shows RAAS Professional and PMDG ->> About ->> *About PMDG. There are no additional sub-selections.

I de-installed the B777 package and re-installed from a clean d/l using my order number. Additionally, I removed (ONLY) the B777 and RAASPro entries from the FSX.CFG file and allowed them to be re-applied/validated on the next startup of FSX. That worked as expected. The entries are now back in the CFG file.  Meaning I loaded the JS4100, NGX, B744/8i and the B777. All but the B777 load and operate as before (this morning).

I didn't touch the DLL.XML entries.

FWIW, Yesterday as well as this morning's problems, I kept getting a message that RAAS Professional was outdated... with the option to d/l... but that is an exercise that went nowhere... cause RAAS Prof is bundeled within the install of the B777. I no longer get that warning since re-installing the B777 not too long ago.

I specifically put the 'lil gremlins out (from the man cave) last night so they wouldn't/couldn't play with my Simulator.

On the real side though, does anyone know of a solution or has experienced this situation?

Here's a Dropbox link to what I (now) get upon loading any B777... https://www.dropbox.....20.06.png?dl=0

Thanks,

Keith Rocke

Vatsim 1085341 -7000+ hrs

HCFARTCC

I flew the B77W yesterday (Sunday). No issues. This morning I load it from yesterday's (arrival) saved airport list and i get a beautiful plane with no wheels and a dark cockpit... meaning inactive screens. I hear click spots when I click and so forth.

Hi, Keith,

If I understand you correctly, you reloaded a saved flight from your previous destination.  It is not considered good practice to repeatedly save a situation and then reload from the last saved situation.  This is known to cause problems.

What happens if you start w/ a new setup w/ the same livery at the same airport as you finished with yesterday, instead of reloading a previously saved flight?

Also want to mention that you don't need to actually load a default aircraft -- just have it (the ultralite/trike default startup aircraft is safest) showing in the opening window of FSX when it starts up, then set up your flight.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Here's a Dropbox link to what I (now) get upon loading any B777... https://www.dropbox.....20.06.png?dl=0

When you loaded the 777 did you get messages asking you whether to allow the PMDG dlls to run?  Did you try to run "repair" from the installation file?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike. Thanks for the quick response.

1) I (have) fsx automatically load a default C172 trainer upon startup... have done it for years as a workaround to FSInn throwing hiccups all over the place. My last 150 or so hours have been that routine then loading a saved (B777) flight.... THEN... loading a panel state I created named "WORKING". Again, this has woked effortlessly.

2) Yes. After removing the FSX.CFG entries, I systematically loaded the JS4100, NGX, B744/8i and the B777 so that the CFG file could receive the new .DLL validations.  Forgive me... been there... done that... a million times.

3) The last suggestion about the loading the Ultralite... was replaced by loading the Cessna 172 Trainer for the reason in #1 above.

Something happened between yesterday and this morning IMHO regarding RAAS Pro notification.  I'm just walking in the park of all possibilities regarding (this) as the only anomally in over 150 hrs of B777 sim time and over 7 years of running FSX.  I'm just saying...

Keith

Oh, Mike.  Forgot to linger on the fact that FSX Add-on menu doesn't throw up the complete set of options (for the B777) like it does for the MD11 and so forth. Normally, I should be able to go in there and Load a Previous Panel State. Right?  Well... as of this morning and even after a complete reinstall... No can do... it won't display anything but the About PMDG I referenced earlier in the original post

Keith

Here is the most recent debug log file that was created a few minutes ago...

Creating systems:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 38a39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 51b 52 53 54 55 54 55 54 55 56 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
..systems created.
Setting keyboard hook...
Setting key event handler...
Starting updates...

Simulator installation path:
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Determining airframe:
...airframe not detected

Update systems:
01 02
Determining airframe:
777-300ER

Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
01 02  
Update systems:
Flight load callback:
PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\Startup at Piarco GA TTPP.FLT.sav
Corresponding panel state not found
Update systems:
.air file path:
SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-300ER\B777-300ER.AIR

Aircraft title:
PMDG 777-337ER Air India

Aircraft tail number:
VT-ALJ

Initializing systems:
01 02
Init AIRAC Navaids: 17387 items
Init AIRAC Fixes: 240662 items
Init airports/runways from combined file: 12989 airports
Init displayed fixes
Init suitable airports
Init preferred altn airports
03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 29a30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 49 40 41 42 43 44 45 45b 46 47 50 50 50 51 51
..systems inited.
Using startup state:
PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState\WORKING.sav
Loading this state.

Keith

My last 150 or so hours have been that routine then loading a saved (B777) flight.... THEN... loading a panel state I created named "WORKING". Again, this has woked effortlessly.

Hi, Keith,

This sounds like a pain-in-the-you-know-what! 

I'm still a little concerned about the way you load flights.  I've seen on these forums many instances where  someone had the same issue over and over, but when he stopped using a specific flight situation (which comes with a specific panel state) the problem went away.  Panel states that are repeatedly re-saved and reloaded appear to be especially prone to problems. 

Even though you load a panel state ("Working") that (I assume) has NOT been saved over and over, a previous panel state can affect a new panel state.  For example, going from an engines off panel state to an engine on panel state, as I recall, may cause the engines to not start.    So if you haven't already, just start w/ a new 777 situation.  (I don't think loading the Cessna first will do any harm, just wanted to say it isn't necessary for the PMDG 777 -- when I want to switch from one 777 to another w/out restarting FSX, I switch to the default Ultralite/Trike/Friday Harbour flight in between and don't usually have a problem).

But from your picture (no wheels) I am guessing that you can't load any panel state or get anything to light up at the moment.  You might want to take a look at your dll.xml file.  You can edit it w/ notepad.  Here is what my entries for the 777 look like.  They are from Steam version, but I doubt there is any difference.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Interface</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>RAASPRO</Name>

<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Also make sure the actual modules are in the folders in which they are supposed to be.  Be sure to back up the dll.xml file before you make any changes.

If nothing else works, just do a full reinstall, running the OC before and after but also backing up your liveries just to be on the safe side.  If that doesn't work file a support ticket with PMDG

Hope this is of some help.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike.

"Yep! You're correct!" When these doozies rise up, they're a royal PITA... LOL

Here's my entries for the PMDG product line in the DLL.XML...

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG Options</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG Events</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
        <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

The dll.xml was not modified in any way before or after the gremlins struck...

And, in the FSX.CFG file, the rebuilt entries for the PMDG product line are...

D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll.rieceqequzithcoclknucnabrkoiznrrouhhcawa=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.alznetirckhtecehcuiuanaiiqwkerhrlkilzboo=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.oaanartkkbwtnzrzolochqkbozohezklikkncrnw=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.cutuiqzockuiauhtnqtrqkbcbzlieolwbhoaobet=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.bozibhcnzwibazicuhhoqozllbqtlzahlkklwbii=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.uuotuheunhcburowuhhnbowibackeekwhuruqwit=1
D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL.iwcaiccihwlooqbuoubrbwcucrhkqhkqzwcontqz=2

When compared to an older .cfg file, the entries are identical. Only differences are the UIDs attached after the .dll.blah-blah.blah

I'll now break out the demolition equipment and remove the Tripple Seven CLEAN and start again.

Thanks man,

Three greens on steam your next flight.

Keith

Oh, Mike. Forgot to linger on the fact that FSX Add-on menu doesn't throw up the complete set of options (for the B777) like it does for the MD11 and so forth. Normally, I should be able to go in there and Load a Previous Panel State. Right? Well... as of this morning and even after a complete reinstall... No can do... it won't display anything but the About PMDG I referenced earlier in the original post

Hi, Keith,

I have never seen an option for the PMDG in FSX>Addons menu -- I don't own the MD11 or J-41 so maybe that comes with those.  The only way to load a panel state is to use one of the CDUs (FMC screens) -- I usually use #3, Shift-4, as it is not a full FMC and is meant for sim settings.

I posted while you were editing your last post, so I didn't see all of that read-out.  I am not expert on that, but it looks like your previously saved panel state, "Startup at Piarco ..." is missing.  It might have been deleted during a reinstall.  But the read-out also says that it loaded "Working" so that should be OK, unless there is something wrong w/ "Working." 

Mike

When compared to an older .cfg file, the entries are identical. Only differences are the UIDs attached after the .dll.blah-blah.blah

I'll now break out the demolition equipment and remove the Tripple Seven CLEAN and start again.

Most of those entries are from other PMDG products.  All I have in my FSX/PMDG/dlls folder is PMDG_Interface.

One last thing to try:  Go to FSX/PMDG/777x.  Open 777x_Options.ini  Back up file first.  Search [panel State].  You will probably see

"StartupPanelState= Working" there.  Change it to

"777 DEFAULT"  .  Restart and see if you get your 777 back.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Well Mike... LOL,

The demolition equipment came to the rescue once more... (fingers crossed). As of this reply... and the last I might add... a complete de-installation... including anything to do with the 777 appears to have worked.

I just did my normal routine of letting FSX start with the default trainer then (just) selected the default PMDG 77W and "viola"... we have wheels again and sounds and "The hills are alive with the sound of PMDG.

Thanks Mike. Venting (thinking via web) and the demolition pre-disposition appears to have returned me to a previous place of comfort.

Takc care,

Keith

The demolition equipment came to the rescue once more... (fingers crossed). As of this reply... and the last I might add... a complete de-installation... including anything to do with the 777 appears to have worked.

I just did my normal routine of letting FSX start with the default trainer then (just) selected the default PMDG 77W and "viola"... we have wheels again and sounds and "The hills are alive with the sound of PMDG.

Hi, Keith,

Glad it is working OK.  In the future, if you get a completely dead aircraft again (can't even click and hold on "Menu" in the CDU to get something to light up), try modifying the startup panel state in the 777X_Options.ini file and see if that helps.

Nice to have Julie Andrews singing along while you're flying!  What option is that under?  I would like to activate it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2