Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

FMC ACT RTE DATA page -FSX

On the ACT RTE LEGS page select RTE DATA to enter winds aloft by waypoint. ACT RTE DATA page comes up. Enter direction/speed on scratchpad and select to the appropriate waypoint. Do it for the second waypoint and the direction/speed cannot be selected from the scratchpad to the appropriate waypoint. The direction/speed stays on the scratchpad. It can't be cleared or deleted. The EXEC button no longer works. That page is frozen. Eventually the complete FMC freezes. The has started occurring with SP1D which has been cleaned installed twice. Any ideas or suggestion?

Thank you

Hi Michael,

Just tried it here SP1d and it worked fine. I was able to enter direction and speed for each waypoint except the first and last two which don't even show dashes to except entries. I wonder if that's normal.

Dave

Dave Paige

except the first and last two which don't even show dashes to except entri

Those waypoints probably weren't at cruise altitude The first was probably part of the climb and the last two part of the descent.

More testing shows this.

The issue is with routes that are exported from PFPX. When the route is imported into the FMC as a company route, the FMC drops the SID and STAR. The runway and SID must be selected. So the FMC now has a route from the origin airport to the STAR transition. It is under this condition where the ACT RTE DATA page freezes after the second wind direction/speed entry. If the route is completed in the FMC by selecting the STAR and runway prior to attempting to enter the winds aloft, all of the wind direction/speed entries maybe made.

Routes exported by v.route.preimum or routes entered on the route page by waypoint/airway do not create the need for entering a runway and STAR at the destination. All wind entries can be made for the cruise part of the flight.

Ah, yes, I've always had some sort of trouble when using exported fmc routes from planning software. So much so that I always enter the route manually into the CDU now, which is why I don't see the problem. I will save routes to be used later after manually entering them so I don't have to re-enter manually so often. But, of course, even those have to be updated from time to time as navdata or preferred routes change.

Dave

Dave Paige

which is why I don't see the problem
Dave I don't save routes in the FMC. For domestic flights, I copy/paste from Flightaware to PFPX, build the route and export to FLIGHTPLANS/NGX. I can also do the copy/paste using v.route.preimum. Maybe a some combination of the two will work. I think the issue is solved as far as PMDG is concerned,