Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

PSS 777 and Concorde Won't Install Properly

Hello FS9ers,

My friend sold me his boxed copies of the PSS Concorde and 777.  The installer seem to run fine until near the end of it when a message popped up. 

It notified me that access to write several DLL files in my System32 folder was denied.  Then it asked if I still wanted to continue.  I clicked yes and the planes got installed into FS9.  When I enter the VC or 2D cockpit, the gauges are off or not displaying properly.  I'm guessing they need those DLL files.

I ran the installer as administrator.  This has never happened before with any add on.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Win7/Phenom II/GTX560/8g DDR3

It notified me that access to write several DLL files in my System32 folder was denied. Then it asked if I still wanted to continue. I clicked yes and the planes got installed into FS9. When I enter the VC or 2D cockpit, the gauges are off or not displaying properly. I'm guessing they need those DLL files.

Hi, Groovin_DC-10,

I haven't seen this issue, but maybe it is not the dlls.  The dlls w/ the same name are probably newer than those PSS's installer is trying to write.

Try loading the default cessna in cockpit view (not VC view) and then switching to the PSS aircraft, still in cockpit, not VC view  (this works w/ the 777, not familiar w/ the PSS Concorde).  See if the gauges work then. 

Just a thought

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Groovin_DC-10,

I haven't seen this issue, but maybe it is not the dlls.  The dlls w/ the same name are probably newer than those PSS's installer is trying to write.

Try loading the default cessna in cockpit view (not VC view) and then switching to the PSS aircraft, still in cockpit, not VC view  (this works w/ the 777, not familiar w/ the PSS Concorde).  See if the gauges work then. 

Just a thought

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I had completely forgotten about having to load the default Cessna with some add ons.  Makes sense about the DLL files because the PSS add ons are old.

I'll give it a try tonight if I have some free time and report back.

P.S.

Hi Groovin_DC-10.

Have had issues with older add-on planes (Fsd , Flight1 etc) in Win7 32bit.

Folder permissions allowing control of the Fs9 location and the Installing from location are mentioned in a lot of online advice.

Also always running the FS9 default flight (Cessena 172, Seattle, active runway), has been helpful in my efforts.

Good luck with your great PSS planes.

rolan_tuck.

Thanks Rolan.  I'm running Win7 64 bit.  I'm busy at the moment and have only been flying planes I'm familiar with.  When I'm ready to learn a new plane, I'll try re-installing again.