Sign in to follow this  
Taipan

Q400 Documentation

Hi,

One thing the Q400 from Majestic is lacking is quality documentation.

I loved going through the videos and finding where I am wrong and correcting myself, but it's hard as a reference source to refer to in flight etc after the fact.

Unfortunately Majestic didn't get real aircraft manuals to publish the way PMDG have done, I'm not sure if it's due to licensing or what the reason is. They have published a manual on Systems which is the equivalent of FCOM volume 2.

But we don't have documentation on full expanded normal procedures and flows, or QRH equivalent, or FCTM equivalent for flight patterns etc.

Would Airline2Sim consider producing a product such as Q400 simulation documentation? It could fit in well with Aurasim EFB as an additional tab on the EFB with online documentation.

AngleOfAttack 737 training did this as downloadable PDFs (but part of a more expensive training package), and their flow documentation is excellent, including colour flight deck diagrams, with arrow paths of the flows and descriptions.

The alternative is for us to buy real aircraft documentation, however that is made for multipilot operations and not ideal for us simmers..

Thanks

Hi Dan

It's a good suggestion and indeed flow charts and documentation were pondered at the time. They were scrapped on time/cost grounds for as you correctly surmised our aim was to keep the price as low as possible. Instead we offer a downloadable and printable checklist for the Q400 which doesn't have flows but does contain all the checklist items to keep you on the straight and narrow.

As we move into more complex territory with the First Officer and Captain course we may well offer a more comprehensive set of documentation to go along with it.

Hope that helps

Ben.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Sounds good thanks Ben, I'll probably be getting those courses too so that would be great.

I do use your hard copy checklist and I haven't found any better, there is no better :)

Cheers

Sounds good thanks Ben, I'll probably be getting those courses too so that would be great.

I do use your hard copy checklist and I haven't found any better, there is no better :)

Cheers

That's great to hear, glad you like them! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com