Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mithras

Saitek Meltdown? Rudder AND autopilot display

I've got a cockpit build, using Saitek kit .... A yoke and quadrant, autopilot, radios and switch panel and rudders.

This morning my Saitek gear has gone a bit crazy. The rudder is fluttering madly and will not properly respond. The dials on the autopilot suddenely jump in 10s not 1's, so setting airspeeds and bearings is difficult. Reboots have not worked. Unplugging and replugging the yoke usb has not worked either. The rudders are connected directly into the PCs usb slot, while the switch panels are plugged into the yoke. Since they use different drivers and fitted into different usb ports, I'm struggling to see any connection.

I did get a power surge message a week ago about a usb port not working properly, when I accidentally stuck my headphone jack into it, but that was a different usb port and that was a week ago...

I can't recall installing anything new over the last couple of days.

Has anyone got any ideas on this one??

I had a similar issue last night, with the same results as yourself.  I have noticed that sometimes things seem to lose their calibration, typically with the yoke being in a constant 15 degree turn.  I lost all my Saitek panels late last year, none of them would power up, and my X52 also became unresponsive with very dim lights. I have replaced them all (I never got the others to work even on different computers) and also replaced the powered hub they connect to.  Since then, only minor niggles, but annoying nonetheless.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,535.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now