Sign in to follow this  
mijeeva

FSX fatal error on startup even after multiple re-installs. hid.dll?

Every time I start FSX I am greeted with 'A fatal error has occurred' and it crashes straight away. That last thing I installed was the EZDOK camera which required me to delete some key mappings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FSX about 5 times now, deleting every FSX related thing there was and it still crashes. I've backed up all of the files including the main folder from /programfiles, the files from /AppData, and the FSX folder in my documents. I have no idea how it doesn't run after many reinstalls and so if anyone knows how I can get it up and running again, I would be greatly appreciative as I have an oculus rift coming in soon and I really want it working by then. 

I think this may have something to do with hid.dll.

- EventData
      fsx.exe       10.0.60905.0       44fd0a92       HID.DLL       6.1.7600.16385       4a5bd9ec       c0000005       00001a3b       21e8       01d07b892aa4c7ee       C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe       C:\Windows\system32\HID.DLL       7aea662e-e77c-11e4-8df3-448a5b83f128

Try updating your USB and controls drivers.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Good job!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com