Sign in to follow this  
daddymack

RC 4 Decided not to work with PMDG

I've looked at some of the other threads involving the "Bad Data" message, using makerways.exe, and reinstalling FSUIPC. I haven't found anything yet to help me,

but I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.  RC4 was working great with my Airbus X, then I decided to use it with my PMDG 737NGX.  I also recently installed MCE, and when I

ran MCE for the first time with the 737, it made me keep restarting until I finally got it to work.  So its now working, then I put my flight plan from PFPX into RC, just like always.

First I get the message "IPC Bad Data."  Researching that message, I reloaded FSUIPC.DLL and FSUIPC.INI (I have the latest version). Then I try to run makeways.exe.  The program

tells me that it can't find anything - none of the rcv4 files it is looking for.  I have no idea what happened. I have administrative rights.  I would appreciate any input, as I don't won't to give

up RC4 - it is a great ATC program.

Sorry - running Windows 7 and FSX

Radar Contact really doesn't care what aircraft you fly. I've had successful flights with FS Labs' Concorde-X.

MCE might be a factor. Can you temporarily disable it and see if that fixed things.

Please advise version numbers of FSUIPC4 and MakeRunways.

When you said "Then I try to run makerunways.exe" does that mean it ran successfully?

Please clarify "The program tells me that it can't find anything - none of the rcv4 files it is looking for.". You start FSX, place your aircraft at a gate and then launch RC, load a plan and press Start RC. What happens then? What message is displayed?

Copy and paste your flight plan here and I'll see if it works for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I got it working!  Dumb me - I turned my computer off and back on, then it ran makerways perfectly.  I guess it rebuilt all of those files. Thanks for replying so quickly. Gotta go fly!

Very good. The simplest solutions are usually the most effective.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather