Sign in to follow this  
Cap737Jon

.dll error.

So I'm installing my planes again after a hard drive crash. I got the 744 installed again but it keeps coming up with error can not locate the main.dll, overhead.dll and one other .dll

I attempted a repair install but did not work. What am I doing wrong?

Jon

Hi Jon,

I had the same problem and also my PMDG MD11 would make FSX crash when I loaded it.  I tried to repair and re-install them and it didn't work.  The fix for me was to uninstall the PMDG planes then delete the left over PMDG folders because the uninstall doesn't remove everything. Then, start FSX and shut it down after it's loaded and restart your PC. Next run a registry cleaner (I use the C Cleaner free version).  Go into your  ...\\users\ AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder and rename your fsx.cfg and dll.xml files.  Start FSX and it will make new ones.  After this you should be able to install the PMDG planes and they'll work.

This process is the same as uninstalling FSX and re-installing it.  The beauty of it is you don't have to install all your add-ons again.  You will have to load all your planes and give the permissions and trusted pop ups a click but it's far less time than the installation process.  My dll looked ok so I think my problem was a corrupt .cfg file.

I just did this today and I got all of my planes back but it looks like I might have to re-install some add on airports again but some of them are there.

There might be an easier way, but this worked for me.  I'm not sure what OS you're using.  Mine was W7.

Best of luck, I hope this information is helpful to you.

Marc

Hallo,

I have the same problem here after HD Crash PMDG 747 give :

PMDG_747400_MAIN.DLL can not find PMDGOptions.dll

PMDG_747400_ACS.dll can not find PMDGOptions.dll

PMDG_747400_OVERHEAD.dll can not find PMDGOptions.dll

Please help regards Constant

Use the link in my sig to submit a ticket. We'll request your DLL.xml (you can submit it ahead of time as part of the original ticket, if you'd like), fix the errors, and then send it back.

Kyle Rodgers